Phuket Sandbox

Sorry if this the wrong forum, but I could not find a suitable forum for my question.

Can anyone confirm that if book a flight from London Heathrow via Thai Airways to Phuket  via Suvarnabhumi Airport(BKK), I will be able to partake in the Phuket Sandbox by using a "sealed"  transit area at BKK Airport?

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
37 minutes ago, darkobeli said:

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I just opened TP and got this popup message.

image.png.1ca749055b99c9072351067eacee2da7.png

unless i am mistaken (have been known) the pop up implies that phuket sandbox is an acceptable option but TP only provides the AQ option.

help!

To participate in the Phuket Sandbox you must land in Phuket and no where else in Thailand.  To be specific you may not land in Bangkok, because Bangkok is in Thailand and it is not Phuket.  You can transit in Dubai for instance because while Dubai is not Phuket it is also not in Thailand.

I cringe whenever I see someone say you must land in Phuket directly.  That's vague enough to be almost useless and it's misleading.  You can be as indirect as you want to be as long as you don't include any landings in Thailand other than Phuket.

1 minute ago, Jaymatheson said:

Is that a slight error or is the Test & Go an option?

They are making some changes to it which requires a 2nd RT- PCR test instead of the antigen test.

They will not be approved until later if you submit a application.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are making some changes to it which requires a 2nd RT- PCR test instead of the antigen test.

They will not be approved until later if you submit a application.

Sorry Joe.  Just to clarify. 

You can submit an application for the Test & Go but it won't be looked at until at least after January 4 when the government reviews the situation? 

39 minutes ago, Jaymatheson said:

You can submit an application for the Test & Go but it won't be looked at until at least after January 4 when the government reviews the situation? 

Just went back on the Thai Pass site and for test & go it now shows this. image.png.0dbaf72027ade3f49450149fe47f0278.png

It looks like it was short lived error.

2 hours ago, kelboy said:

I flew thai airway direct from London lhr to phuket. Then the plane flew onto Bangkok with about 10 people on board. Enjoy. 

Direct is not the same as Non Stop but with a direct flight to Phuket over BKK you do not have to leave the aeroplane at BKK so I guess you would not have a problem but anyway, I would assume that Thai Air would fly again non stop to Phuket and not over BKK since Sandbox Phuket is in place again.