Update on non O spouse 90 day e-visa application, Thai Embassy Paris.

Pleased to report my application was granted.

The Embassy website made no mention of an invitation letter . It did say that a copy of wife's ID card or passport ID page had to be endorsed by her as a true copy.

On the e- visa site unfortunately I uploaded a copy of her passport ID page without her endorsement. Oops but seems it didn't matter after all.

As previously reported the site asks, only once you've started the application, for an invitation letter. Uploaded that once I got it from wife. Nothing else in relation to where I will be staying immediately on arrival. At this stage I don't even know what the Covid rules will be.

Uploaded  my most recent month's French bank statement to show funds with opening balance 6/11 and closing balance 6/12.

Completed, paid €70 with French debit card, and submitted on 9/12.

Received email confirming visa granted on 23/12. after a rather anxious wait of 25 days with no news at all on the site ( document checking was all it said) or by email.

The visa states simply single entry non O and is valid for entry until 22/3/2022 and should give me a 90 day stay stamp on entry.

I hope then to convert to 1 year stay in the last 30 days at Kalasin IO.

Hope this helps those seeking an e-visa.

I have 3 questions:

1. Should I book an exit flight before I arrive or is a single inward flight ok for this type of visa?

2. Must I convert to " marriage" extension or could I, assuming the appropriate funds in Thai bank account, convert to retirement extension? 

3. Am I right that the funds for whichever 1 year extension only have to be in the Thai bank account the day before I apply?

Thanks all

1. Not required since you have a visa for entry.

2. You can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage. Most offices will let you apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement

3. The 400k or 800k baht must be in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

On 12/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. Not required since you have a visa for entry.

2. You can apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage. Most offices will let you apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement

3. The 400k or 800k baht must be in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Thanks Ubonjoe. OK will make sure the funds are there!

7 hours ago, smoo1954 said:

Does the 40000bht need to be seen as an international transfer into Thai bank account?

The 40k baht has to be transferred into the country from aboard. When applying for the extension you have to have 12 months of transfers.

8 minutes ago, smoo1954 said:

Thanks heaps Joe

It was a typo it was supposed to be 400000bht which I now believe as long as its been in the bank for 2 months it doesn't matter where it came from.

You do not have to prove the 400k baht came from abroad.