Fun & Games at the Airport

11 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

But I thought everything in Switzerland ran with the precision of the proverbial Swiss watch?

That us the myth perpertuated by the Swiss - if it goes wrong it's always the fault of "them foreigners"

Edited by nglodnig
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, nglodnig said:

I spent Christmas morning on the phone and emailing franctically, finally driving to the airport where I walked up to the counter and announced in a loud voice so everybobdy in the queue could hear how they screwed up our certificates. Five minutes later they corrected them and printed them out for me.

I'd be expecting a refund for getting screwed around like that. but if Zurich is anything like Sydney then don't hold your breath ????

The hardest part of this entire Test & Go process for us was obtaining the pre-travel PCR test. Traveling the day after Christmas must have added to our difficulties. The surge of omicron infections created a perfect storm.

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Ah ha! - The "Thailand Syndrome"!!

Anyone who thinks racism is an exclusively Thai problem is wearing blinkers. Distrust of "the other" is a universal human condition. Racism is worse, on average, in China. It is also worse, on average in the US, and the situation there has actually deteriorated further in recent years.

• Thanks 1