Designated Lab Centers for 2nd PCR COVID Test?

SiSePuede419

Here's the QR code for the approved labs seen at BKK airport:

You need to get a follow up test on day 5 or 6.

Unfortunately, there's not one in Chiang Rai, which is where my family lives.

Has anyone tried to leave Thailand recently without getting one from an approved lab?

Should I just bite the bullet and drive 3 hours to CM for a test rather than risk getting an unapproved test at a Chiang Rai hospital?

Weird there's five hospitals in Chiang Rai, yet none were approved, not even the Thai government hospital?!?

20211225_161635.jpg

Edited by SiSePuede419
Added number

5 hours ago, ozfarang said:

https://assets.aseannow.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_12/20211225_165350.jpg.d481d0118fe8afcf123fc9f331aa1b8e.jpg

This is the full list of testing centres

I found 1 hospital in Chiang Rai

That's a list of "accredited labs".

Not the same as the "Designated Lab Centers for 2nd PCR COVID Test" for the one night quarantine program called "Test and Go".

See the difference in those words? ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

That's a list of "accredited labs".

Not the same as the "Designated Lab Centers for 2nd PCR COVID Test" for the one night quarantine program called "Test and Go".

See the difference in those words? ????

Sounds like you're the expert, just drive to Chiang Mai and get the test done

• Haha 1

damn it, we are going for vacation to Koh Chang and ofc there is no approved hospital there  

What am I supposed to do in this case? Not going to spend 1 day and money and drive somewhere out of the island of course 

Edited by ololosha
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Sounds like you're the expert, just drive to Chiang Mai and get the test done

I'm getting a 990thb special price physical exam today at the private Bangkok Hospital* in Ban Du, just north of Chiang Rai today.

I'll ask them why they couldn't get on the approved center list.

*Thailand's largest hospital operator with 40 locations in major cities throughout Thailand

Edited by SiSePuede419
Footnote

9 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

What are the usual time slots?

Probably depends on the hospital.  You should call first.

Bangkok Hospital in Chiang Rai only does walk-in testing from 8-10am.

I have to get a test the day before I go back for America, according to USA CDC.

Arrived in BKK on Dec 23 and received first test at hotel. On arrival at airport, did not receive the paperwork with QR code detailing the second test requirement. Hotel gave me ATK on checkout and said to send result to them via email. In the meantime, the more complete details for the second test were released. An email to the hotel for clarification went unanswered; called Lanna Hospital for further information and they said to call Ministry of Public Health. Ministry said to go to the hospital for the test.

I printed the form and went to Lanna Hospital. Went to desk 1 to register and they took the printed and filled out form (with no signature from public health official), then off to the public health section for the test. Results to be made available the next day.

Lanna Hospital website said PCR tests available walk in 0800-1600, and I showed up around 0800 on a weekday. Took around 30 minutes total time from registration to completion.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys

Don't want to panic but reading this: 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2241983/suspension-of-test-go-continues-amid-omicron-spike

Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on Tuesday air travellers who had successfully applied for Test & Go can enter the country by next Monday.

which is 10.01, does it mean that everyone who had Test and Go approved long time before will be not allowed to enter? Since i have flight few days after 10.01 

6 minutes ago, ololosha said:

Hey guys

Don't want to panic but reading this: 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2241983/suspension-of-test-go-continues-amid-omicron-spike

Government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on Tuesday air travellers who had successfully applied for Test & Go can enter the country by next Monday.

which is 10.01, does it mean that everyone who had Test and Go approved long time before will be not allowed to enter? Since i have flight few days after 10.01 

Still clear as mud in my view.  They have many thousands who are to arrive within the next 30 days under the TestNGo scheme.  Going to create a lot of cancelations at hotels, airlines etc...if they do not allow them in as initially grandfathered the day they scrapped the plan.  Better yet even if they allowed those approvals in and made them quarantine for 7 days you would still have many cancel.  How can you allow them into Phuket to wander for 7 days after a first negative test and not elsewhere.  If your going to cancel it cancel it all effective immediately and then the people can claim the refunds based upon the country canceling tourism.