Recommend Eye Doctor Korat

livram

I am 76 and have been having a problem with my left eye-soreness, redness, mucus, blurry vision, etc. I first went to BH and eye doctor prescribed antibiotic eye drops. Used as directed but no change. Next, tried doctor at St M and he said hair from lower eyelid rubbing eye and I need to see their plastic surgeon for operation. Meanwhile he prescribed wetting drops but they were no help..

10 years ago I had the eyelid operation at BH by same doctor who now says infection. I am confused how 2 different doctors can diagnose so differently. 

So I want to see a 3rd doctor for another opinion. Please advise of a competent eye doctor in Korat or surrounding area.

Thanks for the suggestions. The second doctor I saw was he St Mary's cataract doctor and he referred me to their plastic surgeon. Also I know Rutin is a world class eye clinic but going to Bangkok will be a last resort.

UPDATE: Tuesday evening a place a 4cm piece of surgical tape just under my eyelid. This has the effect of slightly pulling the eyelid down and away from the eye.

Wednesday morning: Good night sleep and all redness, mucus pain completely gone.

Thursday morning: Still no redness or mucus. I don't notice the tape and it is barely visible. I plan to leave it on for about a week to insure swelling gone. 

I could not understand why two eye doctors could have completely different diagnoses. I think that maybe both were correct. First doctor saw infection then three weeks later possibly the infection caused swelling and eyelash to rub against eye.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Yes it is quite possible that irritation from eyelash led to inflammation smd then an infection occurred

Actually, I am thinking that I had infection first which caused imflammation, Then the lower eyelid swelled up causing the hair to rub the eye. I will see.