Activities

Joost

Next friday i will go on holiday to Thailand and will stay for around ten days on Phuket too (Patong). I planned to do a lot of water activities (surfing, sailing and maybe renting a jetski), but i recently discovered my travel companion cant swim at all :o.

So now i am looking for other activities to do during the day. I already booked a day at a spa and will rent a bike(s) to see some of the island itself.

Do you have any recommandations of other nice activities? Places i absolutely should go to? Maybe a tour to another island on a boat?

I am also looking for a restaurant with a view on the ocean, i heard there should be some restaurants which give you a tremendous look at the sunset. The quality of the food in the restaurant is very important to me too :D.

-The is very large waterfall in katu is very nice, has few eating places and nice surroundings and popular with local thai visitor some swim (not farang). I been there few times with Gf, difinitly most exotic thing i miss about katu.

-Phuket has several weekend market, intersting things to see and buy.

-Try thai buffet or Bar BQ " moo ga'atha ", eat all you can include veg, dessert and fruits for 99 bhat. Large beers are 79 Bhats only.

Get away from Patong has nothing, except some brown sugar

Edited by BKKDUDE

Howdy,

We took the James Bond island tour and the Phi Phi island tour, I think 1500 baht for each tour. Great time, picked us up in the morning and brought us back to the guesthouse at night. Price included buffet, swim, site seeing, and shopping. My wife can not swim but still had fun looking at the islands. You can find flyers everywhere you go in Phuket.

Phuket City was a nightmare do to the tuk tuk drivers hounding us to go to the butterfly farm and the Sea Gypsip's village. :o

Chung *j*

for a restaurant with a view of the suset with great food, go to Ratri Jazztaurant in Karon. i went there the other night and it was fab.

for a restaurant with lovely evening views, try baan yin dee. quite romantic. the chef there is excellent.

for something different, why not try a cycling trip? try http://biketoursthailand.com/index.html they are an excellent company, and Piti, the guide, is great. well worth it.

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated. I do have one more question though. Does anyone of you know a reliable bike shop to rent a bike? And do you need an insurance when riding bikes? I do have a normal travel insurance of course.

Most bikes will come flat out uninsured.. you will be responsible for the bike, yourself, and anyone you hit..

Also most travel insurance will not pay out on any incedent involving a bike greater than 50 or 125cc.. Check the small print.

Make sure you get down to Patong Beach around 6:00 to 6:15 pm, and plan on staying about an hour.

We've had some gorgeous sunsets the last few days. Stick around after the sun actually sets and you may be treated to some fantastic colors.

North end of the beach (near Baan Rim Pa) is nice because there are thousands of birds at sunset.

No, the other kind of bird. :o

Make sure you get down to Patong Beach around 6:00 to 6:15 pm, and plan on staying about an hour.

We've had some gorgeous sunsets the last few days. Stick around after the sun actually sets and you may be treated to some fantastic colors.

North end of the beach (near Baan Rim Pa) is nice because there are thousands of birds at sunset.

No, the other kind of bird. :o

Thanks for that, i had forgotten how nice it is walking on Patong Beach in the low season.

Great sunsets, all the birds roosting, the cool air and the beautiful sand.

The East Coast is also great for seafood restaurants and less than half the price.

Nice thread this and I am gonna do a few of these things each week.