Got my Booster AND my choice!!!

SamSanuk

12 minutes ago, fangless said:

Do you have any details of any other dates or locations please or how you found out about it!

I was aware of the facility at Airport Plaza and just went on an assumption. Worse case scenario was do a little shopping and have lunch.

Here are some locations from the past week, so I can’t be sure who is open now, except CA. ???? 

I was there before 11am, but saw no way inside….so the starting time may be mall times. 11am.

Locations

• Central Airport Dec. 20-24 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Nakorn Ping Hospital Dec. 20-24 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Suanprung Hospital Dec. 23-24 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • Neurological Hospital Dec. 22-23 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
  • Mother and Child Hospital Dec. 20-24 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

information from email from

[email protected]

Edited by SamSanuk
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, excellent service. My local community government hospital offers the same choice of vaccines. They have mobile sessions too. Unfortunately, no walk-in service, you have to wait for them to telephone you. Reached the three month point a few days ago. They explained they are working through their list and will be in contact within the next few days. Impressive customer care!   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SamSanuk said:

I

Locations

• Central Airport Dec. 20-24 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Nakorn Ping Hospital Dec. 20-24 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Suanprung Hospital Dec. 23-24 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • Neurological Hospital Dec. 22-23 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
  • Mother and Child Hospital Dec. 20-24 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Did they give you an additional vaccine certificate after the booster shot?

Did they ask for any prior vacc. cert. for the first two shots?

Edited by EricTh

I thought they just said AZ is better for omricon, wouldn't be a fan of mixing 3 experimental vaxxes but happy you are happy and hope you remain healthy. Not surprised it wasn't busy, most people do not want the booster at all.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, EricTh said:

??? Everything is logged within the same central system, why would you get an separate certificate, it is just added to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

??? Everything is logged within the same central system, why would you get an separate certificate, it is just added to it.

Don't assume too much. After I got my 2nd shot, the hospital gave me my vaccination cert.

If they can't find your booster vacc record in the future, it might be a problem. It's strange that they didn't give you any cert at all.

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

They gave me a QR code which brought me to a website with my 3 shots listed. However all in Thai.

The website is through nakornping hospital.

I have my previous two shots on my phone via co19cert, which looks to a government site. My 13 digit code was necessary. However they didn’t ask to see my passport. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I thought they just said AZ is better for omricon, wouldn't be a fan of mixing 3 experimental vaxxes but happy you are happy and hope you remain healthy. Not surprised it wasn't busy, most people do not want the booster at all.

Thank you. Actually in England they are recommending mRNA vaccines for boosters. I feel my Sinovac AZ Mix is similar to 2 shots of AZ, and would rather go mRNA as much as possible. 

For the future, I’ll stay with Moderna if all possible.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SamSanuk said:

They gave me a QR code which brought me to a website with my 3 shots listed. However all in Thai.

The website is through nakornping hospital.

I have my previous two shots on my phone via co19cert, which looks to a government site. My 13 digit code was necessary. However they didn’t ask to see my passport. 

Ok. This is actually a Nakornping hospital vaccination exercise....

I think I saw many Thai people waiting for something inside Airport Plaza a few days ago. I didn't know they are having a booster vaccination.

Theoretically your vaccination details have also been registered with the MoPH and can be viewed on the Mor Prom App.... 

From that App you can upload your passport detail etc and apply for an International Vaccine Certificate.

The App is also in English. 

(unfortunately they can’t add vaccines administered overseas to the record).

IMG_8867.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Theoretically your vaccination details have also been registered with the MoPH and can be viewed on the Mor Prom App.... 

From that App you can upload your passport detail etc and apply for an International Vaccine Certificate.

The App is also in English. 

(unfortunately they can’t add vaccines administered overseas to the record).

IMG_8867.jpg

I checked and the booster information is not listed. I’ll wait a few days.

Had my booster in local hospital (Klong Luang). Only Pfizer for boosters, others getting AZ and Sinovav for jabs 1 and 2.

Walk in service you need passport, covid certificate and proof you live in the area, but they did not ask for it. In and out in just over one hour, you had to wait 30 minutes after jab, to check for immediate side effects.

Knew about it bacause my wife is a regular having physio.

Sore and listless today so taking it easy.

21 hours ago, 473geo said:

My second Thailand Pfizer today third counting the UK shot so feeling good 

Brought a smile to my face when my number was called out to go for the injection, all the Thais around me smiled, waved pointed to me, then the doorway, to make sure I knew it was my turn, lovely people, even the hard worked nurses were smiling today ????

I also got my second Pfizer jab yesterday it went good except for the paperwork they put down the wrong passport No. and the wrong address. I did give them my passport and a copy of my house papers. I guess they just want me to stay in Thailand?

15 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I also got my second Pfizer jab yesterday it went good except for the paperwork they put down the wrong passport No. and the wrong address. I did give them my passport and a copy of my house papers. I guess they just want me to stay in Thailand?

My details were copied from my pink card ID, they then added the passport number correctly, on my first visit, second visit only took my pink ID card as that was enough to locate my details from my ID card number. Certificate provided is accurate ????

23 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I received a brand new updated one each time.  They looked at my certificate I had already but did not take it. I have had 4 shots now.  Some would say 2 shots as the first 2 were sinovac.  The last 2 Moderna.

• Like 1

I bought a Moderna booster at Bumrungrad for 1,650.  They still don't have the vaccine.  St. Louis has it NOW for 1,200.  Bang Sue may have the booster available for free on January 6th, three months after my second AZ there.  Don't know what's wrong at Bum.  Same confused state as last year.

Incidentally, Morphrom disappeared from my phone.  Luckily, I had printed a hard copy of my two shot certificate and a nurse at St. Louis was able to install a new version of Morphrom, enter the correct 13-digit number from my hard copy and get a new password by SMS.  Disappearing applications.  What's next.  Probably a mandatory hospital stay for Omicron.  Must buy a new insurance policy soon!  

In the US, people with no apparent exposure to Omicron are getting it anyway!  Mild symptoms though.  What. is worse here is the mandatory hospitalization.

• Confused 1

You must of been compliant to Thai gov policy of 3 months or 90 days since 2nd jab.

I attended on 2nd Dec and was denied a booster jab after being allowed to line up because I was 11 days shy of 90 days (even though aged 69 & 100kg supposedly in a high risk group).

I walked away sharpest in case I lost the plot.

Next morning I walked in to a private hospital & paid for a Moderna jab - job done.

I too had no advance notice of the Booster jab availability at Central Plaza (car park - nice) on 22nd.

I discovered it was happening whilst looking for Xmas gifts.

My American friends in CM do seem to be in the know though.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Pfizer is not an expiramental vaccine. It has been fully tested  by the US FDA and authorized for general use  no longer just emergency use.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Moderna, J and  J  ,and Astra Zeneca have only emergency use authorization at the moment.

Mixing vaccines is fine

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/12/7/immune-response-better-if-pfizer-astraz-shots-mixed-with-moderna

https://www.dw.com/en/mix-and-match-vaccines-biontech-astrazeneca-better-than-one-shot/a-57819127

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 3:22 PM, rwill said:

I received a brand new updated one each time.  They looked at my certificate I had already but did not take it. I have had 4 shots now.  Some would say 2 shots as the first 2 were sinovac.  The last 2 Moderna.

So you got a new cert? Which hospital gave it to you?

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

So you got a new cert? Which hospital gave it to you?

My first 2 shots were at Phayathai 2 and the last 2 shots at Thonburi Hospital.  After each shot I was given an updated certificate after waiting the 30 minutes to make sure no immediate reactions.  (Thonburi was so much better organized and faster than Phayathai 2.  Of course the first were government provided and the later paid for.)

Edited by rwill
  • Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

It appears you haven't done much reading--there is a great deal out now on mixing the vaccines for the booster--and most of my expat and Thai friends are eager to get a booster when one is avaiable or free or not too expensive.  If you run with a crowd of anti-vax, then that view is a bit warped from reality--if not that, then do some more research.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 6:55 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

Double dose Astra apparently useless against Omi after 12 weeks…..mRNA booster required.