Pic request - Fibre internet install in condo

ed79

Hi all, I moved into a condo last month and I've been trying to find evidence of a previous fibre internet install.  As the place is around 6 years old I'd have thought at least one of the previous residents would have had internet installed, but I can't find anything that looks like a network connector.

In the UK I know the router would connect via the RJ11 telephone socket, is it the same out here?  Can anyone post a photo of the type of connector used in Thailand for fibre internet?

When I viewed the place I saw the following which I just assumed was a fibre router and cable TV box left by the last tenant.  But after I moved in I can't find anything in that part of the room other than a TV aerial socket and a couple of power sockets.

919325950_routerTH.jpg.7da9e1b0ac53789ec2bb8e498b0c4fee.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if the black router with the 4 aerials was maybe 4G not fibre.  Can anyone identify from this low res picture?

Thanks!

If it’s just a plain fibre connection as you show in the photo, there should be no rj11 connector in the wall .. the fibre emerges from the wall and is terminated (mine is green)  and is plugged in to the GPON, an Ethernet cable connects the GPON to the wifi router..

i recently moved and my provider, 3BB just told me to take the GPON (i don’t use their supplied router) with me to my next property - perhaps that’s that what the last remnant did, call Your ISP and let them deal with it. 

E9D97A30-CAF9-4691-A316-883DD7BE3F96.jpeg

You might not need the white GPON - you can plug the fibre connext into some ISP supplied GPON router combos. 

Yes, you can assume that the router in the picture isn’t a fibre router. 

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

If it’s just a plain fibre connection as you show in the photo, there should be no rj11 connector in the wall .. the fibre emerges from the wall and is terminated (mine is green)  and is plugged in to the GPON, an Ethernet cable connects the GPON to the wifi router..

Ah I see, so it's just an actual fibre cable direct.  I certainly can't find that or any hole in the wall where it used to be. Looks like noones had it installed here :sad: