internet provider NOT 3bb

mercman24

hi you learned people,just moved into a condo on beach road,was told internet, which proved to be not free. they were trying to flog me 3bb,but i had trouble with them last year, long story, i am on AIS on my phone,,think i might pop in their shop tomorrow, was thinking about 600 baht a month, do i run it as a hot spot from my phone ? i am running a set top box. thanks in advance

You don't have much options in a condo. You're lucky if you can even get a fiber internet. Ask condo management what internet options you have. If they work with 3BB only, then you can't get anything else.

On the other hand, if you rented a single house in a residential area, you could probably get all the options (AIS, 3BB, True, CAT/TOT)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muratremix said:

You don't have much options in a condo. You're lucky if you can even get a fiber internet. Ask condo management what internet options you have. If they work with 3BB only, then you can't get anything else.

On the other hand, if you rented a single house in a residential area, you could probably get all the options (AIS, 3BB, True, CAT/TOT)

+1

But When we lived in a Condo, we only had the option for TOT, BBBBBUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTT the condo Management said if I paid I could have the Condo Techie install a cable where then 3BB could attach their cable to. We did and then had 3BB and TOT in our Condo.

Ask if it's possible maybe yes!

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

they said 3bb, ok i will go to ais today

I've had a 6 month package on smartphone with AIS that had unlilmited data at 4mbps and they charged 1400 baht for the six months prepaid. AIS has deals for your phone that are worthwhile if you can get by with that speed. I guess you can get faster for more money but that is fast enough for what I do. I learned to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop and for my Firestick. I don't get buffering for Netflix, Youtube, or Prime. 

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling

My experiences:

3bb will not carry VOIP in 3 locations where I have used them.
   Thus, no free or low cost overseas calls.

TOT had frequent outages and was not very swift about
   restoring them.  Terrible service at the call center.  Uncaring.

True Online- 4 years now and I have no complaints.

2 minutes ago, mikesil said:

My experiences:

3bb will not carry VOIP in 3 locations where I have used them.
   Thus, no free or low cost overseas calls.

TOT had frequent outages and was not very swift about
   restoring them.  Terrible service at the call center.  Uncaring.

True Online- 4 years now and I have no complaints.

Use cloudflare warp 1.1.1.1 for Voip or any other vpn you have. Problem solved.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have found 3BB to be exceptionally good. In 7 years when it broke down telephone  support  was good and technicians came round to the street or my condo very quickly.

Yes this has been my experience for the past 10 years.  Exceptional service and fast speeds.   

• Like 2