UK Pension Payment

On October 2021 i applied to receive my UK state pension that would take effect from Nov 2021, i used my Thai Bangkok Bank account # to receive the payments.

Today i received a payment and the ref was Baht Net, can someone confirm if this is the code used, also is there a way of checking what amount was sent in GBP prior to being converted to Baht

Edited by Isan Farang

I am interested in any replies you receive as I use the same bank as you .

There is no information on the exchange rate used . OK , i can check the pension amount sent and divide by the amount received to see what the exchange rate was used . But i do feel the bank should be informing you .

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Yes there is. Go and ask your bank for a The Foreign Exchange Transaction form. (FET) 

That will give all the information you're asking for. BATNET is the normal code for such deposits.

Seems rather odd that you need to contact the bank for finding out what exchange rate was applied when receiving a remittance from abroad .

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

There is no information on the exchange rate used . OK , i can check the pension amount sent and divide by the amount received to see what the exchange rate was used . But i do feel the bank should be informing you .

The DWP(IPC) use city-bank UK. 

You can calculate it yourself and what you get I always find it to be a reasonable rate. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, itsari said:

This is my first payment, so i am just finding my way around how it works.

• Like 1