Ptosis Correction Surgery

sensei

Is there anyone here who had ptosis correction surgery in TH? For those in the know, is this available in government hospitals or just in private clinics?

I'd be happy to get some leads on places where this is done and would be a bonus if there's an estimate on the cost and recovery period.

Thank you!

You should not even remotely consider a private clinic, if in fact any are doing this.

Only a hospital and only one with an opthalmologist specializing in (non-cosmetic) eyelid surgery. Do not underestimate the expertise needed and be sure to avoid cosmetic places.

Very large tertiary government hospitals can do this, and possibly also the specialized government eye hospitals. However I do not know about waiting time since there was a lengthy suspension of elective surgeries due to COVID.

In Bangkok area best options would be:

1. Chulalongkorn University Hospital via the after hours clinic - this is a major government hospital. As mentioned there  may be unusually long wait list but less so through the after hours clinic as that is a quasi-private arrangement. I specifically recommend this doctor there:

Asst. Professor Preamjit Saonanon

You have to go in person to make an appointment, and may have a wait after that on top of whatever wait there is for the surgery.

2. Rutnin Eye Hospital - this is private but midrange in price (by standards of Thai private hospitals - still more than double the cost of a government hospital). this doctor there:

https://www.rutnin.com/en/doctor/resume.11.1_Medical_history_0_0.html

I do not know re cost but you could try emailing Rutnin for theirs and assume Chula will be less than half that. If you email Rutnin be sure to specify the name of the surgery as the people who handle this inquiries anre nto medically trained and need to read off a price list for procedures. The procedures that may be used are:

External Levator Advancement

Müller Muscle–Conjunctival Resection

3. Mettapracharak Watraikhing Hospital  in Nakorn Pathom province. This is a specialized eye hospital (government).

http://www.metta.go.th/

• Thanks 1