PM to seek age limit for the position after his retirement

geovalin

Prime Minister Hun Sen said yesterday that he would be asking for a law on the age limit for future prime ministers after his retirement. He also expressed the hope that one of his grandchildren would become a future premier. Mr Hun Sen made the remarks while giving a speech during the Inauguration Ceremony of the New Administration Building of the Ministry of Défense.

“When I leave my post as the prime minister, I will fulfill your [opposition people] wish asking me to set an age limit for the prime minister position,” he said. “What age limit do you want?” Mr Hun recalled that during a meal at a family reunion, he told a grandchild that 20 years later, he/she needs to compete with other politicians to become prime minister. To do so, he/she must study hard and obtain a doctorate degree abroad.

After the government passed a law to bar anyone with dual nationality from holding the positions of Prime Minister, Senate president, National Assembly president and Constitutional Council president, former opposition leader Sam Rainsy called for a two-term limit for the post of Prime Minister. He also called for an age limit of 70 year for the position.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50997360/pm-to-seek-age-limit-for-the-position-after-his-retirement/

31230.jpg.b76857be748a5ef07650e201eaf520ae.jpg

• Haha 1