Thai Covid Center’s general in charge of day to day operations says no national Covid-19 lockdown after New Year

webfact

On 1/2/2022 at 3:07 AM, jacko45k said:

Who designed it then?

There is a lot of conflicting info out there as who or what "designed" this virus. What I think is consistent no matter who/how it was designed, the on-going slew of new variants is no accident...IMO. 

12 hours ago, WingFat said:

There is a lot of conflicting info out there as who or what "designed" this virus. What I think is consistent no matter who/how it was designed, the on-going slew of new variants is no accident...IMO. 

I thought it was more natural occurrence wrt variants in the midst of high numbers of people infected, hosts where the virus can effectively reproduce.... make errors multiplying.  

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I thought it was more natural occurrence wrt variants in the midst of high numbers of people infected, hosts where the virus can effectively reproduce.... make errors multiplying.  

Yes, I agree with what you are saying; once an original virus has been let out of the bag, it will be natural for it to mutate as it infects more and more people. What I am saying is depending on the original structure of the virus, it could be capable of more rapid transmission and mutation; i.e. "gain of function". That's what I was inferring by "design".

• Like 1