Registering for Covid vax in Chan . .

TorquayFan

I'm in Chantaburi - a friend here has NO vax as yet. Last time I checked BKKH had none and Sirivej vax was 'not for Falang !

He is prepared to pay and wants an appointment not an all day wait at the public walk in.

Is there somewhere he can register ?

I had English friends (and a Thai friend) who managed to get jabs at Sirivej, but only by spending a couple of days ringing the hospital and finding somebody who spoke decent English. I believe there were only 320 shots available. Hard to fathom how your friend is still unvaxxed here, unless by choice. Now he's prepared to pay, doesn't want to queue, wants an appointment. Good luck with that! Nearest walk-in would be either Pattaya or Bangkok I guess. Trad might just have something, but they have a (to date, very minor) break out on one of the islands.

Thanks for your reply Brad - he should maybe browbeat Sirivej to start with. He's a late comer for sure but not anti-vax more anti-queue LOL.

I'm looking for a Pfizer or Modern booster myself. I've tried Sirivej twice with no luck but maybe a phone call is a good idea !

• 2 weeks later...

Re. my booster- happily the Missis found someone selling a Moderna dose and she has set the appt up for March 7th - that's ideal, 6 months after my 2nd Pfizer, (I paid B1200).

KCTai, I'll visit Khun Om a week or so before to make sure they understand I want a 50% dose. thanks for that contact.

Sirivej is a good choice because it's a timed appointment, so hopefully, I won't be hanging around all day, as can be the case at the main vax centre

Thanks for the help all.

Edited by TorquayFan

• 1 month later...

KCTai thanks again. Your contact Khun Om was very helpful indeed - my 6 month wait was up last week and yesterday as pre-arranged, Khun Om met me in the car park and guided me through the registration and the vax. I had 50% Moderna 'aspirated' as per Dr JC suggestions and as I had requested.

In and out of Sirivej in 20 minutes. ATB