Covid visa "Under Consideration" 15 days- exactly?

I tried to get my first COVID extension- I was surprised when they wanted me to come back in 15 days while it was "under consideration." Since I was going to be relocating to a different city to get it done. I have some questions about it.

When they say "come back in 15 days" does that mean 15 days exactly (assuming that immigration is open on that date?) Or does it mean some kind of window? e.g. Come back anytime within 7-15 days?

Do all regions have this same "come back after 15 days" rule? Any suggestion of which immigration office is the "best" (easiest, fastest) to get Covid extension in either Bangkok or Pattaya?

Under consideration period is typical.

Good news is you have the extension. Bad news is need report back to same office for final stamp.

Think Bangkok is not requiring under consideration period.

An agent can obtain the 60 day stamp without that return requirement. 

25 minutes ago, stigar said:

I never hear that before.I used a agent.Took 3 days.Cost more but no stress.Picked up my passport where i stayed and brougth it back.

Can you advise on agent and cost.

Pretty sure TVC has pick up and drop off service for those in Bangkok.

Your cost 4500-5000k? 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can you advise on agent and cost.

Pretty sure TVC has pick up and drop off service for those in Bangkok.

Your cost 4500-5000k? 

I used TVC..cost me about 5000 bath.Just needed my passport and money of course.Took only a hour before they picked up my passport.Paid cash and get a receipt.Easy for relaxing about this.I took some beers and smiled.After 3 days they contacted me thru LINE and said they would bring my passport back to my hotel.After 30 minutes the currier came wih my passport.When i left thailand it was no problem at all.

• Thanks 1

Just now, stigar said:

I used TVC..cost me about 5000 bath.Just needed my passport and money of course.Took only a hour before they picked up my passport.Paid cash and get a receipt.Easy for relaxing about this.I took some beers and smiled.After 3 days they contacted me thru LINE and said they would bring my passport back to my hotel.After 30 minutes the currier came wih my passport.When i left thailand it was no problem at all.

Excellent. 

Think that's a good option.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Excellent. 

Think that's a good option.

I agree.A guy from switzerland didnt want to use TVC so he went to IMM in pattaye from BKK.Well..had to stay 2 nighs there..and when renew his visa had to go back to pattaya again.Total cost him more then 10.000 bath.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stigar said:

I agree.A guy from switzerland didnt want to use TVC so he went to IMM in pattaye from BKK.Well..had to stay 2 nighs there..and when renew his visa had to go back to pattaya again.Total cost him more then 10.000 bath.

300 Baht for the bus fare , 1000 Baht for two nights in a hotel, what id he spend the other 8700 Baht on ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

300 Baht for the bus fare , 1000 Baht for two nights in a hotel, what id he spend the other 8700 Baht on ?

He would possibly need two trips to Pattaya. Under consideration period.

1000baht for 2 night in hotel. Bet it had pool. Not! 

The extension fee is 1900 baht.

Then there's your personal time.

In my mind thats 10k already..

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He would possibly need two trips to Pattaya. Under consideration period.

1000baht for 2 night in hotel. Bet it had pool. Not! 

The extension fee is 1900 baht.

Then there's your personal time.

In my mind thats 10k already..

How much is the bus from BKK to Pattaya ?

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How much is the bus from BKK to Pattaya ?

I don't use buses. Taxi only.

There are buses both big bus and mini van from Ekamai adjacent to BTS. You get dropped off in Pattaya. Then rip off transfer to beach road or whatever.

Thinking about 150baht each way.

Your point. 

Rhetorical question. Fact is agent in Bangkok has been detailed as an option.

Personal choice. 

On 1/2/2022 at 9:18 PM, stigar said:

Who is TVC?