UK: Poll Results Show Most EV Drivers Would Not Go Back To Diesel/Gas

Shop/distribution centre owner, a few doors down from me in UK, sold his DB9 and bought a Dual Motor Tesla 3.

He absolutely ******* loves it............and won't be going back.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

True, until they have to replace batteries, as they very costly, Tesla3 replacement batteries around 45KUSD

From https://www.tesla.com/support/vehicle-warranty

Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty
The Battery and Drive Unit in your vehicle are covered for a period of:

Model S
Model X
8 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.
Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.
Model 3 Long Range
Model 3 Performance
Model Y Long Range
Model Y Performance
8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first, with minimum 70% retention of Battery capacity over the warranty period.

These warranties cover the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of any parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla, which occur under normal use.

For further details, please review the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

How many times are people going to post this.  A guy buys a used, old, out of warranty, c r a p Tesla, drives it for all of 1500 kms, then blows it up  ....  and surely his YT channel didn't suffer from that.

Gets a price to replace the battery, instead of replacing cells needed to be.  Think he bought the car for 1 reason, and wasn't to drive it for a few years.

So a 8 year Tesla is an old c.r.a.p car?

My Bimmer is 19 years old and still drive like a dream.

In the comments of linked 'explosion' vid ... adds quite a bit to the story, and no wonder Tesla didn't want to touch it, or the 22k price tag to repair ...

"Hydraulic Press Channel

As an part of the team who delivered the "explosion and filming service" to the car owner I can confirm that the owner didn't have any monetary goals with this, he was just <deleted> ????The whole explosion + clean up + filming then on the other hand motivated and paid by clicks and seems that it's going to make more money than the car was worth. after batteries + motors were sold off. Which is crazy but something that I was pretty sure about. And to be honest the Pommijätkät version of the video, that has gotten the most press coverage, didn't have all of the story. The car's battery was already changed by third party repair shop and there was a water leak on new battery. So third party battery that has been compromised isn't probably the best case ever for Tesla service. But I am not sure how much that would been affecting the repair bill or Tesla's willingness to repair the car. Also the car was imported from US to EU that might also lower the support from Tesla. I had the whole thing on my video but I think it wouldn't make any different on news articles since it's too long and complicated for average reporter and consumers ???? I am not sure what I think about the whole thing. My goal was just to make good entertainment and I think that we succeed on that goal. I had some fears of video generating lot of fake news but the coverage has been quite honest and good so far and I think it's good to get some visibility to the problem of repairing the batteries now before we have lot of EV's that start to be so old that there is more battery related problems than new cars have. Also I want to point out that I don't have anything against Tesla or EVs in general. I drive 2020 Model S and have owned quite much stock for some years. I am really pleased on my car and even more pleased on returns that the stocks have got so far ???? "

56 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

How many times are people going to post this.  A guy buys a used, old, out of warranty, c r a p Tesla, drives it for all of 1500 kms, then blows it up  ....  and surely his YT channel didn't suffer from that.

@KhunLA

Don't worry.

The proverb "it is easy to find a stick to beat a dog" comes to mind with those kind of posts!

And with a High Flying / on the Edge Company like Tesla it's common!!

:wai:

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1

https://www.thedrive.com/tech/40407/1-in-5-ev-buyers-switch-back-to-gas-powered-cars-study

Those who were least likely to stick with electric vehicles were the ones who depended on them for their only means of transportation—so essentially people who only had one car, and the EV was it. People who lived in places where home charging was difficult also abandoned electric cars at a higher rate. 

So bottom line, even those with electric cars were more likely to switch back to gas and were less likely to do so if they had a back up gas car to make up for the deficiencies of owning just one electric car. 

image.png.69724edcef8dbe98197baead3ab27a49.png

Having an EV (Tesla Y) I could never go back. The ones who do go back purchased a car with insufficient range which makes it hard to deal with otherwise minor challenges. I need a pickup truck, but I will get by until there are viable electric ones readily available.