Rubbish

Kiwithl

On the face of it that would seem a good idea if it gets emptied.

Discarded rubbish is a problem here but you do sometimes see parents trying to show their children they should put rubbish in a bin.

We've had several bags of rubbish dumped in trees at the end of our rice field back in 2020 when I was last there. It's about 250 to 280 metres away from the house so it's can't be seen by us. It happened about 3 or 4 times.

35 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Certainly wouldn't last a day in the UK.....they would be bent over and stolen.

Good idea for a village....hope it works out. 

In my village they all use truck tires turned inside out.

Yes, waiting for vandals or sun rot.

Inside out truck tyres for public rubbish tins on the street or collection from house daily/weekly?

Our place in "town" was told the inside out tyres were too heavy for collection, use black plastic bags...

I'm not the rubbish man but seems fair although many places still use them...

Just now, Kiwithl said:

Yes, waiting for vandals or sun rot.

Inside out truck tyres for public rubbish tins on the street or collection from house daily/weekly?

Our place in "town" was told the inside out tyres were too heavy for collection, use black plastic bags...

I'm not the rubbish man but seems fair although many places still use them...

Family bag the rubbish and put the bags inside the tyres.....and yes they are far too heavy to lift, even empty!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

In my village they have communal bins on the main road but folk still drive a couple of k's out of the village before throwing their rubbish out the car windows.

Yes. Or, around here, off the back of the rot khraba (ute).

Still evaluating the communal bin use and emptying thereof...

23 minutes ago, kimamey said:

On the face of it that would seem a good idea if it gets emptied.

Discarded rubbish is a problem here but you do sometimes see parents trying to show their children they should put rubbish in a bin.

We've had several bags of rubbish dumped in trees at the end of our rice field back in 2020 when I was last there. It's about 250 to 280 metres away from the house so it's can't be seen by us. It happened about 3 or 4 times.

Just chuck it out the window on the way past our joint...

• Haha 1

Not long after I moved to the outskirts of a small town some 50km south of Khon Kaen a basic keep fit park was made with a 500 mtr walking and cycling track, an area for ball games and some delapidated keep fit machines.
Within a few days rubbish arrived and despite bins being provided people prefered to drop the bags and bottles where they were sitting.
After a few weeks I got a plastic bag a pair of tongs and picked up the rubbish every day for a week.
Eventually a local govt worker was put to task keeping the flowers and trees and rubbish in order>
A year later and every thing is again back to how it was, rubbish everywhere.
The local govt collection of whatever big bins are made available on the roads are emptied daily, even on New Years Day but fly tipping in buffalo and cattle continues at a pace.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:12 PM, Kiwithl said:

Just chuck it out the window on the way past our joint...

I was only joking!

Didn't think you'd take up the offer.

Last night someone dumped a big bag of idk what (because I haven't looked closely yet) right over the road from our house, on a main road just on the edge of "town."

Not the common take away food plastic bags and drinks cups etc. that appear daily.

Fanarkin cnuts.

A few months ago someone dumped a kitten there. Guess where it lives now.

4 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Not long after I moved to the outskirts of a small town some 50km south of Khon Kaen a basic keep fit park was made with a 500 mtr walking and cycling track, an area for ball games and some delapidated keep fit machines.
Within a few days rubbish arrived and despite bins being provided people prefered to drop the bags and bottles where they were sitting.
After a few weeks I got a plastic bag a pair of tongs and picked up the rubbish every day for a week.
Eventually a local govt worker was put to task keeping the flowers and trees and rubbish in order>
A year later and every thing is again back to how it was, rubbish everywhere.
The local govt collection of whatever big bins are made available on the roads are emptied daily, even on New Years Day but fly tipping in buffalo and cattle continues at a pace.

I admire your "community spirit" in trying to keep the place clean. Guess you tired of it?

I tried clearing up all the old plastic etc at the in laws a few years ago. Every bit I picked up revealed several more bits beneath, buried over the decades.

I followed the locals' lead, made a pile, lit a match. Was going up really well when yai raced home. "Put out the fire. Too much black smoke. No good." Can't win.

I tired of my project then. 

Everyone dropping their refuse where they stood or sat sort of demoralised me. Of course they still do it and it looks like the dump it is.

They very rarely rake it up or burn it. If they do it's a thorough Thai job leaving most of it behind.

What's best for the planet? Let it pile up or burn it? Idk but welcome suggestions because we're moving up to the village soon and there's no home rubbish collection there.

I was out rural cycling this morning only to see a middle age woman, and a young girl, cross the road ahead of me carrying 2 plastic bags full of something. Once they got to the other side of the road the woman emptied the bags, which were full of household rubbish by the way, into the ditch that ran along side of the road. 

It wouldn't have been so bad if only they set fire to it, But no.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

They provided bright yellow wheelie bins to all the homes in our village.Like a row of yellow soldiers all down each side of the road everywhere you go.

They still set fires though around 5-6pm !

Wow. Wheely bins in a village! In Thailand!

Who empties them?

You're in a big village or close to the tessabahn or amphur maybe?

Edited by Kiwithl
Add to post

When having our houses, we burn our trash, what little there is.  As we don't buy much processed food.  What doesn't go in the compose, including some paper stuff, the rest gets burned.

Recyclables give to those wanting.  Doesn't leave much for trash pick up.

Reason - if putting all out for p/u, soi dogs make a mess of it.  I figure the municipality is only going to have transported and dump or burned elsewhere, or worst, some end up in the seas.

Only give the recyclables away, so they can earn a bit of money.  Thailand recycles very little of what is collects.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

When having our houses, we burn our trash, what little there is.  As we don't buy much processed food.  What doesn't go in the compose, including some paper stuff, the rest gets burned.

Reason - if putting all out for p/u, soi dogs make a mess of it.  I figure the municipality is only going to have transported and dump or burned elsewhere, or worst, some end up in the seas.

Only give the recyclables away, so they can earn a bit of money.  Thailand recycles very little of what is collects.

Glass bottles, drink tins, steel tin cans go to grand dad. Plastic bottles too. Plastic cups and other plastics with the recycle triangle too but the recycle buyers don't seem to want them or the steel tins so they end up helping to raise the level of the land. Or g'dad's too lazy to pick them up because there's so few of them?

43 minutes ago, Kiwithl said:

Wow. Wheely bins in a village! In Thailand!

Who empties them?

You're in a big village or close to the tessabahn or amphur maybe?

Nope small village, they come around every Wednesday empty the bin, 200 bt a year.????

Amphur is 25 km away.

Recycle Lady comes once a month for plastic bottles cardboard etc. And anyting else she can get her hands on ! Money she pays, pays the water bill each month. ????

19 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Nope small village, they come around every Wednesday empty the bin, 200 bt a year.????

Amphur is 25 km away.

Recycle Lady comes once a month for plastic bottles cardboard etc. And anyting else she can get her hands on ! Money she pays, pays the water bill each month. ????

I'm astonished and envious of the advanced culture and civilisation in which you find yourself.

If it's the tessabaan providing bins and collecting the rubbish I wonder why tessabaans everwhere aren't doing it?

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Dogs are the reason it's someone in our household's job to get up about 5am to put the rubbish bag out for collection. Not every day, we don't have that much rubbish.

The truck starts it's rounds at 6am, 6 days per week.

Have you figured out who's job it is yet?

6 minutes ago, Kiwithl said:

Dogs are the reason it's someone in our household's job to get up about 5am to put the rubbish bag out for collection. Not every day, we don't have that much rubbish.

The truck starts it's rounds at 6am, 6 days per week.

Have you figured out who's job it is yet?

Problem was at last house, p/u times / days were inconsistent.  Simply got tired of picking up the trash every 2 or 3 weeks.  Unless you stand guard, the dogs get to it within the hour.

Can't be bothered, so just burn it myself.  At least I know it's not getting dump in the sea.

Edited by KhunLA

Tired of seeing mounting amounts of various forms of rubbish being dumped on unclaimed grazing land for buffalo and cows and coming closer to a friends house my friend made a phone call the local govt office.   A couple of days later the cleanup crew arrived

51144.jpg.c52af7f17965e3a544d6f895f3c66366.jpg51143.jpg.6a3088680e10bdd5685e51740d3294a8.jpg51142.jpg.ea8e04f09e6b8f923b5f5aec8eabf129.jpg51141.jpg.99b9eb0b1c25ccffb0ef69867587c166.jpg51140.jpg.0e36c3e89300997a0951049a531944fd.jpg51139.jpg.1ea70c62c1992d6b3156ffe97486e3f5.jpg51138.jpg.b5014b73d4694147607b9fda8fc7eefd.jpg51137.jpg.08b7dd6aeb59393b4d82b7747cf02792.jpg51136.jpg.9019310b21fb251731bee99ae9ffd41e.jpg51135.jpg.0d1971ce4833ee33dc4e0fef7608e0a0.jpg51134.jpg.8189eac5f010249c86b63f78dce8699c.jpg51133.jpg.ccd519fbe4c9bd2ed0cd7a2c83600551.jpg51132.jpg.ba6d174df25da7ed9f6df611a9569f66.jpg51131.jpg.1e7f0865e1a8bc95a39451101bc01e54.jpg51130.jpg.d4ab61570bf3669ec096653f8415c560.jpg51129.jpg.d3ea54d267bc40359ef96a286202321f.jpg51128.jpg.e75eaf30f4a700cacdef3955b0dca006.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Not much use against the 20 Loads ( so far ) of Land Clearence waste that I have witnessed being dumped close to my Home.

F22222g Animals.

OP - At least they did something.
They built a cement factory about 2 km away, the cement trucks would wash out their rig ( ? ) in the field every evening.     It stopped when part of the land which had been a short cut to the factory was closed off, so all the drivers did was enter the field from another direction.    Building waste has appeared once.     The local govt was informed but nothing done even though it was known who was cleaning the trucks.
As this land was flooded 2 years ago, the first time in 50 years the grasses are strugling to survive.

• Sad 1