The Year I Was Born...

mrwebb8825

Just a shot at some lighthearted fun and interesting items. Lay out a few interesting facts from the year you were born and see how close others can be in pinpointing your year. (try w/o Googling)

The year I was born the U.S.S.R. existed but the E.U. didn't.

The year I was born the Korean War was over and nobody knew about Vietnam.

The year I was born Princess Diana wasn't alive yet.

The year I was born Germany was the only country divided East and West while others were divided North and South.

The year I was born America went from 48 states to 49.

Pretty broad spectrum of hints so see how close you can be to pinpointing the year w/o Google. :wai:

Next

• Like 2

Is this about the year I (the OP) was born, or the year one (speaking on behalf of all of us) was born? 

In any case, it was before my time, and I have to rely on historical records, same as anyone else.

Perhaps parental account may be helpful- I am told that within a year after I was born I learnt to walk on a boat. Possibly not the calendar year.

Untitled.png

What was invented in the year 1954?

The first electric drip brew coffeemaker is patented in Germany and named the Wigomat after its inventor Gottlob Widmann.

Staley T. McBrayer invents the Vanguard web offset press for newspaper printing in Fort Worth, Texas.

The Angle grinder is invented by German company Ackermann + Schmitt (Flex-Elektrowerkzeuge).

Edited by KhunLA

13 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Untitled.png

What was invented in the year 1954?

The first electric drip brew coffeemaker is patented in Germany and named the Wigomat after its inventor Gottlob Widmann.

Staley T. McBrayer invents the Vanguard web offset press for newspaper printing in Fort Worth, Texas.

The Angle grinder is invented by German company Ackermann + Schmitt (Flex-Elektrowerkzeuge).

So, and I'm just guessing here, 1954? ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Is this about the year I (the OP) was born, or the year one (speaking on behalf of all of us) was born? 

In any case, it was before my time, and I have to rely on historical records, same as anyone else.

Perhaps parental account may be helpful- I am told that within a year after I was born I learnt to walk on a boat. Possibly not the calendar year.

Yes. Basically it is for you to take the stage and start your puzzle with "The year I was born...".

Now, not having been an angel, your mom nor your dad, your fact is a bit vague. ????

12 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I got a confused face so too cryptic. Think music and sport. 

As an American, British sports are out of my "league" ???? and the only music reference that leaps to mind is Gordon Lightfoot's 1974 release of "Sundown".