Test and Go change to flight plans

Karlo

I have under the test and go everything in place for departure from the UK 17 January arriving in Bangkok 18 January, but this looks unlikely to happen now. So plan B is to cancel my tickets with Emirates and book a new flight 13 January arriving in Bangkok 14 January. But can anyone confirm if I am still able to apply for a Thai Pass for arrival in Thailand 14 January, of course I will need to get all requirements for the Thai Pass in place. Obviously this is dependant on the deadline being extended to the 15 January

Edited by Karlo

You can’t apply for a ‘new’ Test & Go Thailand Pass (applications for Test & Go were halted on 22nd Dec).

As I understand it.... you can change your flights and your existing ‘Test & Go’ Thailand Pass remains vaild IF your flight is within 72 hrs from the time of the original application.

However the FAQ section from the MFA webpage quotes...  [flight changes are permitted within 72 hours after the original flight time registered in the Thailand Pass]

I suspect this is a mistake and they mean a window of 72 hrs before and 72 hrs afterwards - this obviously needs clarification (and is an example of the clumsiness involved with most of the announcements coming from the Thai Authorities).

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 18.38.46.png

As far as I remember the window was the same for COE and it was supposed to be only after the initial date and not before. And also for COE there was a requirement that it was only acceptable if airlines cancelled/rescheduled the flight, it wasn't acceptable for flight changes done by the traveler.

Edited by Alldar
typo