RT PCR for Thai people

Tayida

today i went to the governmental one with some symptoms, partly described by omicron.

on top of pcr, I had all possible blood checks, chest xray.

also antibiotic intra venue for another 4 days administered at hospital by 30 minutes drip.

total 3400b (no 25% surcharge).

I don't have invoice. Will get it at the end of treatment. 

Tests from today's blood are still running for the next several days, to pinpoint.

Possible additional tests.

Yes, thai people have to pay for pcr if negative. Probably around 1500b (and that is price of rapid pcr at bubay airport).

If positive, they insurance. Also can go to private, but test 2500b. Again, if positive, fully reimbursed.

As well as up to 2 weeks hospitel, hospite treatment.

Some hospital don't have any covid wards, just emergency with pcr testing (they have to run in for all incoming patients).

They send to field and from there decided what next, depending on symptoms and size of insurance.

Anecdotal evidence from a nurse at privet - all with covid symptoms turn up positive. People wait well in advance to be hospitalised or put in hospitel. So insurance covers. They don't go with mild symptoms. Probably a good idea doing so. No to waste time, not to overstretch 

Edited by internationalism

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

today i went to the governmental one with some symptoms, partly described by omicron.

on top of pcr, I had all possible blood checks, chest xray.

also antibiotic intra venue for another 4 days administered at hospital by 30 minutes drip.

total 3400b (no 25% surcharge).

I don't have invoice. Will get it at the end of treatment. 

Tests from today's blood are still running for the next several days, to pinpoint.

Possible additional tests.

Yes, thai people have to pay for pcr if negative. Probably around 1500b (and that is price of rapid pcr at bubay airport).

If positive, they insurance. Also can go to private, but test 2500b. Again, if positive, fully reimbursed.

As well as up to 2 weeks hospitel, hospite treatment.

Some hospital don't have any covid wards, just emergency with pcr testing (they have to run in for all incoming patients).

They send to field and from there decided what next, depending on symptoms and size of insurance.

Anecdotal evidence from a nurse at privet - all with covid symptoms turn up positive. People wait well in advance to be hospitalised or put in hospitel. So insurance covers. They don't go with mild symptoms. Probably a good idea doing so. No to waste time, not to overstretch 

I had my day 7 test after arriving 5 days ago but haven't heard anything,does that mean I'm negative and can just get in with life?

Edited by gungadin1