SETV extension Bangkok

When I entered Bangkok in February last year on a 45-day visa-exempt stamp, I went to MTT for the 30-day extension.

I now have a 60-day tourist visa which I want to extend by 30 days - do I go to CW or MTT for the extension? And am I correct in thinking I can't make an appointment online at the moment?

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you entered on tv you will attend CW for extensions. 

Appointments currently not available. 

For folks that entered visa exempt they will attend Mueang Thong Thani for extensions. 

Thanks - actually, I've just checked the appointments website and it seems to be working again for Bangkok. I've booked for tomorrow afternoon.

1 minute ago, Orient Express said:

Thanks - actually, I've just checked the appointments website and it seems to be working again for Bangkok. I've booked for tomorrow afternoon.

Great, was not aware appointments were back up.

Either way please report back your experience and what was required. 

Since this will be my first visit to CW, does anyone have any handy tips? All I know is that I have to go to Counter J (no. 24). I will have a completed TM 7 with me, and photo, of course. I also have a TM 30 copy from my hotel, if required. Where do I go to make photocopies of my passport pages, for example - is everything clearly signed?

8 hours ago, Orient Express said:

Since this will be my first visit to CW, does anyone have any handy tips? All I know is that I have to go to Counter J (no. 24). I will have a completed TM 7 with me, and photo, of course. I also have a TM 30 copy from my hotel, if required. Where do I go to make photocopies of my passport pages, for example - is everything clearly signed?

Couple of random points about CW. 

There is a desk to collect queue number. Don't be mistaken when you first walk in there is desk to the right. That's for handing out forms.

You walk straight past that and go to que desk inside. Have your TM7 on the ready to show them.

There may be a doc check.

If you need anything in the way of photocopying etc, there is a helpful stall on lower level.

The banks are also located there.

There is also food court there.

The office is closed between 12-1pm so be aware of that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Orient Express said:

Just remembered. 

Since you have an appointment be aware that you may/will need print out of your confirmation email. 

At the print/photocopy stall I mentioned is earlier post....you can obtain print out there.

You forward your email to them (their email address is clearly shown at stall) and they print it. 

Obviously you can do all that prior at internet cafe if you choose. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

All in all, a pretty painless experience

Excellent report. Thanks for the detail.

Most are taking the route to get there as you outlined. 

Sometimes I take bus from front chatuchak MRT as I'm on that line and the bus is (think 59) anyway passes front road to immigration.

Good you had no issues. 

Thanks for the detailed report Orient Express. A couple of questions:

a) Was an onward flight ticket (before the presumed expiration of the 30-day extension) requested, or perhaps informally asked for?

b) Was the TM30 asked for and submitted? I'm also staying in a hotel and we all know they (are supposed to) do that electronically with Immigration.

c) Only the main passport photo page and TM6 (last entry stamp) page need to be photocopied, or every page with a Thai entry/exit stamp?

Your report on the Red Line is appreciated. I thought it was running still on "trial" times, every half hour or 15 min during rush hour times. I plan to do the same, MRT to Bang Sue to Laksi.

5 hours ago, sunsetlover said:

Thanks for the detailed report Orient Express. A couple of questions:

a) Was an onward flight ticket (before the presumed expiration of the 30-day extension) requested, or perhaps informally asked for?

b) Was the TM30 asked for and submitted? I'm also staying in a hotel and we all know they (are supposed to) do that electronically with Immigration.

c) Only the main passport photo page and TM6 (last entry stamp) page need to be photocopied, or every page with a Thai entry/exit stamp?

Your report on the Red Line is appreciated. I thought it was running still on "trial" times, every half hour or 15 min during rush hour times. I plan to do the same, MRT to Bang Sue to Laksi.

(a) No, nothing requested at all.

(b) No, although I had taken a copy with me, just in case.

(c) Yes, only main page and current visa/entry stamp.. I had another Thai entry stamp (visa exempt entry) and extension from February 2021, but I did not make a copy of it.

• Like 1