Yahoo Mail.

Robin

I have received thsi mail twice:-

"

This is to notify you that we have stopped processing incoming/outgoing emails on your account. Update below to avoid losing your mails.
Thank you,

Yahoo Mail"

The link takes me to a page which Microsoft has blocked ith a red danger warning.

Should I be worried?  

I use yahoo fro all my e-mail and losing it would be a disaster.

Thanks fro advice.  I was never able to open the link as Microsoft blocked access to that address.

BU I have now found that all my legitimate incoming mails since 26 Dec have gone straight to Deleted items on Yahoo.

I do not know what other damage this has done to me , or how it happened

My computer has also been sending out mails to many Hotmail address with the same sort of 'update now!" message,

and many 'failed delivery' mails to [email protected]  

Any suggestions as to what has happened.  Is my computer compromised or yahoo mail?

29 minutes ago, blackcab said:

However, it seems the site has already been removed. The link goes to this page:

I still get the warning from Google Safe Browsing.

Anyway: another day, another spam/pish/fish/...

Further problems with my Yahoo Mail;  all incoming mail is going straight ti 'delted items' box and being kept there.   Seems to have been happening since new year.  Also the same on my notebook with the same Yahoo address.  

Is this a Yahoo thing?  Because I have not upgraded to the New Yahoo Mail that wants money?

If it is a marketing ploy, they are not being very clear about what they are selling, as my e-mail, here in Thailand if important to me and I would pay for aa decent service

5 minutes ago, Robin said:

Further problems with my Yahoo Mail;  all incoming mail is going straight ti 'delted items' box and being kept there.   Seems to have been happening since new year.  Also the same on my notebook with the same Yahoo address.  

Is this a Yahoo thing?  Because I have not upgraded to the New Yahoo Mail that wants money?

If it is a marketing ploy, they are not being very clear about what they are selling, as my e-mail, here in Thailand if important to me and I would pay for aa decent service

change to gmail.

23 hours ago, Robin said:

Thanks fro advice.  I was never able to open the link as Microsoft blocked access to that address.

BU I have now found that all my legitimate incoming mails since 26 Dec have gone straight to Deleted items on Yahoo.

I do not know what other damage this has done to me , or how it happened

My computer has also been sending out mails to many Hotmail address with the same sort of 'update now!" message,

and many 'failed delivery' mails to [email protected]  

Any suggestions as to what has happened.  Is my computer compromised or yahoo mail?

You are the victim of a an email  virus attack and are now creating more victims  because you are now the spammer sending out toxic emails. You must have opened a toxic email  or clicked on bad link.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 1:11 PM, Robin said:

Seeing as no-one else has given the correct answer to this:

Your email has been compromised (i.e. someone has the password). If you still have access then log in and reset your password to something unique immediately.

Check "filters" in settings as I suspect you will find the rule there that is sending your emails to deleted items - this was done by the hacker so you didn't notice any replies to messages he's sending.

Also consider warning anyone you regularly email that they may have received scam messages that appear to be from you.

If you use the same password onother services then change those too.

• Like 1

My Yahoo Mail is behaving normally, and I haven't subscribed to Yahoo Pro either. I would agree with the post above; change password, and make sure you have set a recovery email and or phone number. There's also an option to set two step verification.

On 1/12/2022 at 1:59 AM, blackcab said:

This is what I see when I visit the link using Chrome:

Capture.JPG.81027eca7bcbcdc334a9fb91156ff4ac.JPG

Let's say you're not clicking on links in a strange email, but just websurfing in general.

If you encounter this type of warning panel (or something similar) when you attempt to visit a website, does that mean that you are already in danger of getting a virus/malware/etc?

Or are you at risk only if you ignore the warning and proceed into the website?