Muang Thong Thani Covid Extension (brief summary)

6 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Nothing has changed except the officer mentioning this will be the last covid extension being granted

Thanks for report..

Wonder why they keep saying "this is your last"

What's their problem. Just being AH

Edited by DrJack54

i was in krabi today and they only give 15 days first .  then you come back in 15 days to get the remaining 45 days.  but if i pay 1000 baht extra i can get the full 60 days tommorow i wonder if all the immigration offices are doing this procedure.

My 'Covid' extension of stay expires 23rd January. Yesterday I applied for another 'Covid' extension at Pathum Thani and was given an under consideration stamp until 26th January. I am assuming they are expecting the Covid extensions to continue past the previously announced 25th January cut off. The whole process took less than 30 minutes. Very friendly service. If however the 25th January cut off is enforced does that mean I have to leave by 27th Jan?

3 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

My 'Covid' extension of stay expires 23rd January. Yesterday I applied for another 'Covid' extension at Pathum Thani and was given an under consideration stamp until 26th January. I am assuming they are expecting the Covid extensions to continue past the previously announced 25th January cut off. The whole process took less than 30 minutes. Very friendly service. If however the 25th January cut off is enforced does that mean I have to leave by 27th Jan?

The 25th is only the last day you can apply for a 60 day corvid 19 extension. You have already applied for it which means it will have no effect on your completed application.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

. If however the 25th January cut off is enforced does that mean I have to leave by 27th Jan?

No.

You have been given your covid extension already. Return for stamp and you will be given until date to 60 days in total from end of previous permit.

BTW it will be extended imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

You have been given your covid extension already. Return for stamp and you will be given until date to 60 days in total from end of previous permit.

BTW it will be extended imo.

Thanks ubonjoe & Dr Jack54.

I'm actually flying out on 28th and am erring on the side of caution in case of any circumstances such as testing positive on my pre flight PCR test or Singapore closing it's boarder preventing me from leaving TH.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

I'm actually flying out on 28th and am erring on the side of caution in case of any circumstances such as testing positive on my pre flight PCR test or Singapore closing it's boarder preventing me from leaving TH

I think your being smart.

IMO travel may become problematic.

I was sitting in Saigon airport on 16/03/2020, with some guys businessmen from Singapore.

The flights x Saigon to Singapore were all cancelled in an instant.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I think your being smart.

IMO travel may become problematic.

I was sitting in Saigon airport on 16/03/2020, with some guys businessmen from Singapore.

The flights x Saigon to Singapore were all cancelled in an instant.

I arrived into Malaysia via the 2nd link from Singapore 16th March also (just checked my passport). Haven't been back to Singapore since. I hope the VTL (air) stays open until at least 29th January!

• Like 1

Hi, I've been trying for almost 2 weeks to have online 90 day report approved (submitted one on Jan 04 & anor on Jan 10) no response just note saying "Pending". So now seems will have to trek out to MTT tomorrow as date of report!! Anybody else had similar issue???

7 minutes ago, eggers said:

So now seems will have to trek out to MTT tomorrow as date of report!! Anybody else had similar issue???

Few similar reports to yours.

Keep in mind filing in person allows 7 days post your due date (due date counts as day one) 

12 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

i was in krabi today and they only give 15 days first .  then you come back in 15 days to get the remaining 45 days.  but if i pay 1000 baht extra i can get the full 60 days tommorow i wonder if all the immigration offices are doing this procedure.

What did you decide to do ?

11 minutes ago, jmsthailand said:

Thanks very much for the write up.

Do they require a letter from the embassy these days? If not, what reason does one give for not being able to leave the country?

Did they ask for a TM30?

Cheers.

You tick box on affidavit.

Second box popular choice.

They may ask for TM30.

Depends on immigration office.

Hit and miss.

Advise you take along TM30..

Link for affidavit

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jmsthailand said:

Thanks very much for the write up.

Do they require a letter from the embassy these days? If not, what reason does one give for not being able to leave the country?

Did they ask for a TM30?

Cheers.

For Muang Thong Thani (visa exemption visitors), I brought a TM30 once and they didn’t want it. However my landlord filed the TM30 for me already when I signed a lease. 

They never asked me for a TM30 though. 

14 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

What is this "New" covid extension form ?

I wouldn't call it new new, was there since the last time I went in November, was just some agreement about the covid extension and how you agree to follow the law / rules in Thailand