how to get to ko tao with alot of lugggage

yogi yogi

sea tran just dropped service to ko tao..............so if i have 60kg of luggage this lomprayah ferry is going to be expensive.  as they only allow 20 kg of luggage for free..............any other options to go to ko tao?  i could go from either samui or surat thani.  i wonder if night boat is a viable option.  does anyone know the name of night boat and does it go from surat thani.  

I read about the limit of 20 kilos for luggage as well but I took the Lamprayah ferry from Chumpon a couple of days ago.  One of my  bags weighed 30 kilos full of scuba gear and my 2nd bag about 20 kilos.  They didn't weigh anything and didn't say anything about having two bags.  No extra charge for me.  I was prepared to pay if they said I had to but the conversation never came up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why do you want to go with the night boat? Do you think they will not see your luggage in the dark?

Why would taking 40 kg extra over weight on a boat be too expensive? 

lomprayah is the only day ferry running to ko tao now. none of the other companies go. the other companys dont care about excess baggage but lomprayah does. and they charge big money to bring more than 20kg.  seatran dont care how much luggage you bring though .  but they just discontinued service to ko tao..  no customers i guess

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, what is BIG money? ????????

More than a whole 1000 for every 20kg? ????

Yeah, that´s gonna break the bank! Oh dear!

if i have 60 kg extra thats 4000 baht.  better i guess take night boat.  from surat and bypass samui altogether as from samui only one option to ko tao .   lomprayah.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

if i have 60 kg extra thats 4000 baht.  better i guess take night boat.  from surat and bypass samui altogether as from samui only one option to ko tao .   lomprayah.

From Samui there are currently two options.

Lomprayah is using Lomlahk Khirin (Bangrak)

Marine Passion (Big Buddha pier - where Seatran used to operate.)

https://www.phanganferries.com/time-table/?from=2&to=4

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

hmm. this marine passion goes to ko tao?  i will google it and find out which company this is maybe its raja ferry.  thanks i suspect they wont care about how much luggage i take.  thanks.  its almost offending when you go on lompraya that they have a scale their on the floor and if they want to they weigh your bag to make sure its not over 20 kg.  as i remember it its either 50 or 100 baht for overweight bag

On 1/13/2022 at 11:07 AM, Tropicalevo said:

thanks looks like marine passion is the ticket.  boat looks small but they have good service i think