Expats Flying to Phuket

Forza2002

Anybody have recent experience of flying to Phuket from Bangkok or Chiang Mai? I live in Chiang Mai, lived in Thailand 20+ years, speak Thai, fully vaccinated, have had booster (3 jabs) do I still need to show a recent PCR test to board? Are you then tested in Phuket airport on arrival? Phuket being the hub of scams I'm still worried that they will conveniently find Expats +ve to boost hospital revenues...

I have flown from BKK to Phuket 2 times the past month. No testing required. Just need to show vaccination at check-in. Its not very strict, they accepted the vaccine stickers on the back of my Driving license. The last time they didn't even ask for it, i guess they just saw the stickers. Had the same procedure at Sarasin bridge recently.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MajorTom said:

I have flown from BKK to Phuket 2 times the past month. No testing required. Just need to show vaccination at check-in. Its not very strict, they accepted the vaccine stickers on the back of my Driving license. The last time they didn't even ask for it, i guess they just saw the stickers. Had the same procedure at Sarasin bridge recently.

i wonder if unvacced are  giving stickers ,  that imply they have been vaced.  

Flew CNX to HKT and back in Dec. They do want to see your vaccination with any of MorProm, printed hospital statement, yellow book, whatever you have. No tests required.

On a side note, the queue for security on 2nd floor in CNX was horrendous, better give yourself extra time. Maybe because it was close to Xmas.

Also be informed that there is no food/drink service on the flights, mask on all the time.

Speaking Thai... good for you but all airport staff speak English.

• Like 1

Flew rt from BKK to Phuket in December. No test required but did check MorPhrom app. for proof of vaccination. That said, bars/restaurants in Pattaya are now regularly requiring antigen test proof of negative covid within three days so it would not be surprising if airports begin doing the same soon.

AirAsia in Chiang Mai asked on Monday for proof of vaccination, the mobile app certificate is Ok for them, no questions being asked in Phuket. There is also the option to get a test at the airport and seems that is free, but at lunchtime they close for around 1h, in case there is a clinic near the airport (close to Robinson) and cost 400Thb, Air Asia will accept both test, from the airport and from the clinic.