Wise Transfers and Jomtien Immigration

Hello

Has anyone used wise transfer receipts to prove money was transferred in from overseas at immigration at Jomtien to support of an extension to stay based on retirement? Interested in experiences at Jomtien only because that is the office I have to attend.

Thanks for any replies.

• Haha 1

I use Wise transfers to my my Bangkok Bank account using the "long stay Thailand" purpose for the transfer. This assured they sent the transfer through Bangkok Bank rather than a partner bank.  Bangkok Bank the recorded the deposits as a Foreign Telegraphic Transfers (code FTT).  However, this year my November 1 transfer went through their partner bank and was recorded as domestic transfer.  I doubted that Jomtien Immigration would accept the Wise receipt as adequate as they have always required a letter from my bank listing foreign deposits for 12 months my application for extension renewal. 

I cannot say for certain, but expect that the Wise receipt would not be accepted at Jomtien.  My option for November was to either send another transfer of at least 65,000 baht or go to Kasikorn (the Wise partner bank that funds were sent through) bank branch on Central Road to their Trade Dept (2nd floor) to get an FET form to show the funds originated outside of Thailand.  Since I was not sure Immigration would accept the FET form, I used a different method to transfer another 65k+ to ensure I had one for November coded FTT and would be included in the bank letter listing my deposits. Wise has apparently fixed the problem and now assures using the long stay purpose will result in my transfers going through Bangkok Bank rather than Kasikorn.  My December & January Wise transfers did get recorded as FTT transfers.

Others may be able to say more specifically whether Jomtien Immigration will accept the Wise receipt and/or FET form as sufficient proof of transferring the required amount if using monthly income to meet the financial requirements for retirement extensions. 

• Thanks 1

Useful as a back up but you still need a Thai bankbook showing FTTs, 12 mth certified deposits and same day certified transaction. I use Wise but I collect credit advices every month and present them back to BB for them to provide the 2 certs before extension application. Belt and braces I know but Jomtien like copies of your bank book as well. You can't rely just on Wise schedules.

1 hour ago, soisanuk said:

I use Wise transfers to my my Bangkok Bank account using the "long stay Thailand" purpose for the transfer. This assured they sent the transfer through Bangkok Bank rather than a partner bank.  Bangkok Bank the recorded the deposits as a Foreign Telegraphic Transfers (code FTT).  However, this year my November 1 transfer went through their partner bank and was recorded as domestic transfer.  I doubted that Jomtien Immigration would accept the Wise receipt as adequate as they have always required a letter from my bank listing foreign deposits for 12 months my application for extension renewal. 

I cannot say for certain, but expect that the Wise receipt would not be accepted at Jomtien.  My option for November was to either send another transfer of at least 65,000 baht or go to Kasikorn (the Wise partner bank that funds were sent through) bank branch on Central Road to their Trade Dept (2nd floor) to get an FET form to show the funds originated outside of Thailand.  Since I was not sure Immigration would accept the FET form, I used a different method to transfer another 65k+ to ensure I had one for November coded FTT and would be included in the bank letter listing my deposits. Wise has apparently fixed the problem and now assures using the long stay purpose will result in my transfers going through Bangkok Bank rather than Kasikorn.  My December & January Wise transfers did get recorded as FTT transfers.

Others may be able to say more specifically whether Jomtien Immigration will accept the Wise receipt and/or FET form as sufficient proof of transferring the required amount if using monthly income to meet the financial requirements for retirement extensions. 

Thanks for supplying this information , this is really scary as I do exactly the same as you. I transfer 65k a month to my Bangkok Bank and click on the "long term stay in Thailand" so far all my transfers have shown since I started doing the 65k a month as International Transfers. Now after reading your story , I am very concerned it could happen to me.

I still have the 800k in the bank for about 5 years but wanted to change over to the 65k a month , now I feel it's to risky.

• Like 1

I use Wise for transfers to my Bangkok Bank account. I always click on "long term stay in Thailand" as the reason and all transfers except one have shown as International Transfer. One transfer recently went through a partner bank so showed as a domestic transfer. I complained to Wise and they have assured me that my transfers would be shown as International Transfer going forward. So far so good.