Yellow Book, Province change of address

Has anyone changed their province and address in their yellow book, we just tried and were told it is too hard and that farangs are supposed to stay in towns/cities so it is easier to keep track of them. Kind of threw us as my wife said that they didnt sound like they knew what they were talking about, they said that you have to cancel your current book and 13 number then be issued with a new 13 number & book, thought it might be a good idea to see if any other members have tried to change their yellow book  elsewhere and if they had any problems, we are in Surat Thani and moved to Kanchanadit

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

It's a house book it belongs to the house if you longer will live in that house and move to a new house you will need a book for that house. 

thats what we thought, immigration told us to get a new one but they do not want to issue one, they kept saying that it is too hard and that I dont need to do it as I am still in the same region even if a different district because we still own the other house and go back there at times plus our daughter stays there when she is not at the hospital. We tend to think that its because they dont know what to do or just cant be bothered but will see what immigration does at the next extension unless we can find out more, could also be a matter of do what we say not what the regulations say

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

immigration has nothing to do with issuing of yellow house books. That are issued by a Amphoe or Khet.

You would have to cancel your existing yellow book and have a new one issued for you new residence at a Amphoe.

thats what we tried to do, when we did the extension in December immigration told us that I needed to change the yellow book but the amphoe were the ones that said it was too hard and wasnt needed even when we said immigration said we needed to do it for the new address, no one seems to know what they are supposed to do or simply dont want to do it

3 hours ago, seajae said:

thats what we thought, immigration told us to get a new one but they do not want to issue one, they kept saying that it is too hard and that I dont need to do it as I am still in the same region even if a different district because we still own the other house and go back there at times plus our daughter stays there when she is not at the hospital. We tend to think that its because they dont know what to do or just cant be bothered but will see what immigration does at the next extension unless we can find out more, could also be a matter of do what we say not what the regulations say

As said immigration don't issue yellow books when you go immigration next time for extension put down the yellow book address of stay otherwise you will need another form of proof of address.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, perconrad said:

When we moved from Thalang, Phuket to Kantharalak, Sisaket I went to the Thalang amphur and said I were moving and they wrote me a form to take to the new amphur and they kept the yellow book.  At the new amphur they issued me a new yellow book with the same ID number and later I got a pink ID card.

Of course I were accompanied by my wife since she had the blue book and needed to accept that I got a yellow book for her house.

When I first got a yellow book we were not married, but no problem with that.

thankyou, that is the information we needed, will try to see if we can get them to agre to do it