1-day quarantine: what papers do I get from the hotel when checking-out

JackGats

I got a phone call at the hotel saying my PCR-test is negative. The caller said I'd get the result on paper upon checking-out.

I'll be checking out tomorrow morning. I already asked at reception about whether I should download the app, they said they knew nothing about an app. I asked if they would provide me with a special form for the free test on day 5-6, they said for that I should use the pink slip I got at the airport. So it seems the hotel will send me on my way with PCR-test result and that's it. Is something being forgotten?

Note: I left the hotel for a short fitness session after hearing on the phone my test had turned out negative. I was not allowed to leave my room on my own so a boy from reception came to fetch me. He was astonished I'd called him to just go out and not in order to ckeck-out for good.

After my fitness session at Fit25 Chidlom I realised I had nothing on me proving my test had been negative, so I hurried back to the hotel. Is one allowed to leave the hotel for a short time once the test is negative, or is one only allowed to check-out for good? Who knows. 

I can now perfectly understand why some rare tourists end up being wanted by police. I'm sure none of them wanted to jump quarantine or anything like that. Things are only half-explained with plenty of gaps for serious mistakes.

Edited by JackGats
  • Like 1

Pink paper is given in the airport. 
Hotels suppose to see it, but its really nothing to do with them. 
This is health order to test, now 5-6 days, shortened by 1 day ( that depends on the current scientific data). 
Negative test you can ask to be delivered to your door, can copy it and go for a walk. In your case you could also give gym receptionist your hotel phone to confirm negative

Edited by internationalism

An addendum to my Test & Go experience. When I checked out of the hotel in Bangkok I told reception about the hotel I was moving to in Pattaya. They thought I wanted a taxi. I corrected and said "I want you to register my Pattaya hotel into the COSTE system" (I'd read the rules set out in the TAT article). They answered they'd tried to register people but "the system was not stable". So there you are, another failure point if someone changed their hotel from the one registered in the Thailand Pass and they needed to be contacted. So it is not surprising the odd Test & Go farang should end up being "on the run".