Cancel a divorce/seperation without beeing in Thailand

Tamset

Is it posssible to cancel a divorce without beeing there in person? I cant travel sadly and are not in Thailand. My wife wants to cancel it to, she got the divorce/seperation papers, the marriage and divorce is done at an small island with a small amphur, maby some $ under the table? Or any agency that may be of help?

Im running out of time as it will be 2 years in february…

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I’m in a similar situation both myself and wife are farang however we married in Thailand and can only get divorced in Thailand she has now agreed to come back from the U.K. so that we can go to out local island on a small island like yourself and 30 minutes later we are divorced but now that sandbox has reintroduced 7 days quarantine we have decided to delay it the only other way to do it is if I went to court and claimed abandonment as she has been back in the U.K. for two year but that I think would be expensive and as I have zero plans for looking for a third wife I’m going to dedicate the remaining of my years to a free lancer who has been taking care of me on a weekly visit for the last 6 months married life has cost me an absolute fortune never again 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 9:25 AM, Tamset said:

Is it posssible to cancel a divorce without beeing there in person? I cant travel sadly and are not in Thailand. My wife wants to cancel it to, she got the divorce/seperation papers, the marriage and divorce is done at an small island with a small amphur, maby some $ under the table? Or any agency that may be of help?

Im running out of time as it will be 2 years in february…

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If she wants the divorce, surely it's up to her to find out how you can do it? So long as you don't need to get divorced it's not a problem for you if you don't.

I wasn't aware that there was a "seperation" in Thailand.

BTW, if you haven't been with her for two years, I believe that she can get a divorce on the grounds of abandonment and no need for you to be there.

That is at the FAMILY COURT, and NOT at the amphur.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:49 PM, crazykopite said:

I’m in a similar situation both myself and wife are farang however we married in Thailand and can only get divorced in Thailand she has now agreed to come back from the U.K. so that we can go to out local island on a small island like yourself and 30 minutes later we are divorced but now that sandbox has reintroduced 7 days quarantine we have decided to delay it the only other way to do it is if I went to court and claimed abandonment as she has been back in the U.K. for two year but that I think would be expensive and as I have zero plans for looking for a third wife I’m going to dedicate the remaining of my years to a free lancer who has been taking care of me on a weekly visit for the last 6 months married life has cost me an absolute fortune never again 

Good for you. If she wants a divorce let her pay the court costs for you to do the abandonment thing at the family court. Can't be cheap when lawyers get involved.