Pattaya Police raid pool party with over fifty customers allegedly breaking Covid-19 rules

webfact

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The perplexing thing to me is that they did all have to get restaurant licenses and the SHA+ approval. Surely that was the time to say 'No, you are having a laugh with your single gas ring'.... of course they just took the 'fee' instead. 

Thus opening the doors for police raids.

I am speculating, but is it possible (considering the well known MO for certain BIB) that the owner was of the belief certain tea money had given him/her the green light to operate with indemnity from prosecution??? I know if BIB come in for raids from Bangkok, Pattaya BIB have little control over the outcome.  

Was this a Gentleman's club?  

Wonder what each customer had to pay?  I have heard anything from 5,000 baht each up to 20,000 baht.  

For me,  boring old me, I think I will stay at home and twiddle my thumbs tut tutting instead. 

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Give people their lifes back and stop this police despotism

This isn't police despotism.

This is just a way for certain govt orgs to earn a little extra money.

Owner needs to remember this is LOS and he has to play the game better

They squeeze the lemon to the last drop. 9pm is bedtime for everyone. Thailand is massively anti fun.

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports now anticipates a 1.3-1.8 trillion baht tourism revenue this year, from around 5-15 million foreign visitors. This projection is based on the condition that there will be no lockdowns.

I doubt that the predicted 5-15 million foreign visitors will come with these aggressive police methods. Unfortunately, the OP does not say how high the fines will be. If you are caught as a tourist at 11pm with a beer in your hand, you will probably have to make a donation to the police cash register. Not so nice holidays then.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Not much of a pool party ...... where are all the naked women?

For a 5,000bht entrance fee, I'd expect lots of them.

But everyone appears fully dressed.

Exactly, they should prosecute the owner for fraud

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:34 AM, bbko said:

Why can't places operate within established hours?  Problem solved.

Why can't places operate within hours of their choice? Problem solved.. lots of problems solved, except filling the BIB's pockets. 

On 1/15/2022 at 8:36 PM, Deli said:

Give people their lifes back and stop this police despotism

The plod have a lot of lost "income" to make up. I doubt it will stop anytime soon. Such is life in LOS.

Meanwhile the rest of Thailand's people are hoping for customers to return to LOS, and they must despair every time they read of such raids as they know it'll be on social media sooner than later.