Thai mum leaves 7 year old with gran - step-granddad, a security guard, rapes her and threatens to kill her if she tells

webfact

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on a horrific case of child rape in Samut Prakan south east of the Thai capital Bangkok.

It came to the attention of Paveena Hongsakul who runs a foundation to help women and children who are abused.

A woman called Sri who has three children broke up with her husband. 

She needed to work to support them so on January 8th she left the children in the care of her mother.

But while the children's gran was out delivering food packets the seven year old girl in the family was repeatedly raped by a step-grandfather called Ek, aged 56.

Paveena helped the mother and child and arranged with the Bang Poo police to arrest Ek who was at his job as a security guard.

He is now in custody. 

Sanook reported that the child had told her gran that if she spoke up about the abuse she would be killed.

Paveena said that many cases of abuse involved security guards. She added her voice to calls for them to be vetted before getting their jobs. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 7

7 year old raped? The security guards here are really retarded.

This ain't the 1st time happening.

Since when did LOS have dearth of harlots?

Horny, retarded son of a gun.

Edited by DrJoy

.  This type of crime seems to happen quite a bit here according to what I see on the news. Against both children and adult females.  Not only in so called bad areas.  Many against family members.
   And rape doesn’t occur just because the guy is horny.  It’s all about being in control that satisfies them.  

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

raped by a step-grandfather called Ek, aged 56.

Paveena helped the mother and child and arranged with the Bang Poo police to arrest Ek who was at his job as a security guard.

Paveena said that many cases of abuse involved security guards. She added her voice to calls for them to be vetted before getting their jobs. 

Surely Paveena has her wires crossed on this one? The mother left her child with the rapist step grandfather who just happened to be a security guard? He could have had any job but would still have been a child rapist in the family.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

.  This type of crime seems to happen quite a bit here according to what I see on the news. Against both children and adult females.  Not only in so called bad areas.  Many against family members.
   And rape doesn’t occur just because the guy is horny.  It’s all about being in control that satisfies them.  

You are correct. There are well documented Nordic/Scandinavian studies of offenders who are chemically castrated (hence no sexual urging) who go on to re-offend and the conclusion was that it was about power and dominance not sexual desire.

22 hours ago, swm59nj said:

My girlfriend could tell me of plenty of cases of sexual abuse in our village in north-western Thailand, so my guess is these kinds of abuse are endemic. Perhaps even more likely to happen here than in e.g. Europe because parents often go work in a city far away while some relatives take care of their children. 

When I read that "many sex abuse cases that the foundation sees involve perpetrators who work as security guards, and people who hire security guards should more carefully vet security guards when hiring them" I thought for sure there must have been something lost in translation.

I tracked down the Thai language article which did indeed say the same thing.

https://www.khaosod.co.th/around-thailand/news_6834312

"นางปวีณา กล่าวว่า ระยะหลังมีหลายเหตุการณ์กรณีล่วงละเมิดทางเพศที่ผู้กระทำผิดเป็น รปภ. ซึ่งรปภ.เป็นผู้รักษาความปลอดภัย ควรจะต้องตรวจสอบประวัติให้ดีก่อนเข้ารับทำงาน เพื่อจะได้ไม่เป็นอันตรายกับผู้อื่น"

The reason I thought this might have been a translation error is because I had never heard of a statistical correlation between the security guard occupation and sex offenses against children, although it is probably true that this occupation does attract a disproportionate number of individuals with low educational levels and prior criminal histories.

I would point out that while the perpetrator in this case may have been a security guard, the sexual assault against the child wasn't committed while he was on duty or in connection with his employment as a security guard. It happened while he was looking after his step-grand kid(s). While vetting security guards is no doubt important, it would seem that carefully vetting anyone put in a position of child care, regardless of what occupation they held, would be of even greater importance.

Edited by Gecko123

On 1/15/2022 at 3:01 PM, BusyB said:

Pretty tough area from what I've gathered.

A silly generalization, Samut Prakarn is a large area, consisting of areas with houses in the region of 100 million to 200 million baht, down to government housing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingkenny said:

A silly generalization, Samut Prakarn is a large area, consisting of areas with houses in the region of 100 million to 200 million baht, down to government housing. 

Thank you for adding to my gathered knowledge ...

One of my young maids was raped by her step father while returning home on her day off to visit her mother who was at work and returned and was upset and my wife tried to console her and we found out she was raped by this <deleted> who was a security guard and found out she was pregnant. My wife had the police charge him for rape. 

On 1/16/2022 at 7:42 AM, wolf81 said:

My girlfriend could tell me of plenty of cases of sexual abuse in our village in north-western Thailand, so my guess is these kinds of abuse are endemic. Perhaps even more likely to happen here than in e.g. Europe because parents often go work in a city far away while some relatives take care of their children. 

I think it was endemic in the UK years ago.

My mum and all her 7 sisters were raped by their stepfather at a youngish age.  Obviously, no councilling etc back then, not even reported to police.

Mum seemed fairly unaffected by it, just got on with life, she grew up poor.

I do wonder if all the councilling for victims or "survivors!" these days just makes them feel worse?

On 1/15/2022 at 3:24 PM, Geoffggi said:

Words fail me, what is wrong with these people, they are supposed to be family members for heavens sake even if not close blood relatives. I know what I would do is all I'm saying .............

Read Private Dancer. It deals with such situations in a Thai context, which is not the same as a farang context. Not saying it's right though.