Anyone get interview for spouse visa to U.S. in 2021/2022?

I am a U.S. citizen and wife is Thai. We applied for a spouse visa to the U.S. for her in August, 2020. NVC sent the case to the Bangkok embassy in July of 2021. We submitted all the required documents in August, 2021. It's now January, 2022 and no interview scheduled yet. So, five months after submitting final documents to the embassy and radio silence. Anyone out there who is getting a spouse visa to the U.S. and has gotten an interview recently? If so, how long was the last leg of your process?

1 hour ago, Bohemianfish said:

You may have luck on finding info on visajourney.com. We used it in regards to wife's immigration to the USA.

USCIS may be slow all over due to COVID. Naturalizations have slowed.

Thanks. I have looked at that site you provided though it doesn't seem that there are a lot of people with our type of visa reporting on there in the past few months. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bump: So, two weeks this thread is up on the forum formerly called ThaiVisa and not a single person has responded to say that they have gotten a spouse visa in the past 13 months! Anyone know anyone who has gotten one? Or, anyone know anyone who knows anyone who has gotten one? Has the immigration system to the U.S. from here totally stopped?

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Bump: So, two weeks this thread is up on the forum formerly called ThaiVisa and not a single person has responded to say that they have gotten a spouse visa in the past 13 months! Anyone know anyone who has gotten one? Or, anyone know anyone who knows anyone who has gotten one? Has the immigration system to the U.S. from here totally stopped?

Maybe, just maybe, there have been quite a few and they're now living in the US and don't bother reading, or contributing to this forum as often, or anymore.

Just a guess, I really don't know, have you had a look at Visa Journey, more generic than this forum though?

https://www.visajourney.com/?_fromLogin=1

EDIT - I see that a previous poster has already mentioned Visa Journey, did you look at it?

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Maybe, just maybe, there have been quite a few and they're now living in the US and don't bother reading, or contributing to this forum as often, or anymore.

Just a guess, I really don't know, have you had a look at Visa Journey, more generic than this forum though?

https://www.visajourney.com/?_fromLogin=1

EDIT - I see that a previous poster has already mentioned Visa Journey, did you look at it?

Right. I know that once people are at the end of their process, they probably are not so motivated to be on this forum. I have looked at that other site. Not a lot of recent data entered by couples that would allow one to have a sense of the current status of the process of granting interviews. 

Well I wouldn't worry about it.

USCIS has ground to a standstill, thanks to Trump's desire to stop all immigration, legal and illegal, and the double whammy of covid.

They are working through an enormous backlog thanks to both of those facts.

My wife came to the US on a CR-1 in 2018.

The interview for removal of conditions after the 2 years prior to 2016, usually took about 4-6 months.

Here we are in 2022, she's on her second extension notice and we are still waiting for an interview .

At this rate the extensions will equal her 10 years card!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds a bit discouraging, I'm just about to send the 1st portion to get my wife a green card online (I-130/A), I read online the process can take up to a year but to hear the stories here is a bit of a let down.

OP I wish you luck.

Hi there,  just stumbled upon this thread! We went through the process and were approved in December, would be more than happy to help out or answer any questions. Our timeline was as follows:

I-130 Sent: 2/16/21

I-130 NOA1: 2/16/21

I-130 Approved: 6/2/21

NVC Received: 6/7/21

Submitted NVC Documents: 7/1/21

NVC Documentarily Qualified: 9/9/21

Interview Notification: 11/10/21

Interview Date: 12/1/21

Visa Received: 12/2/21

USCIS was processed at the Nebraska Service Center. The timeline far exceeded our expectations and we were one of the lucky ones I guess. No hiccups and we filed everything ourselves. Keeping you in our thoughts and hoping for a prompt finish!

Edit: Rereading your post, have you been documentarily qualified from NVC? If so, what was the date?

Edited by Huckfi
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 12:04 PM, Huckfi said:

Hi there,  just stumbled upon this thread! We went through the process and were approved in December, would be more than happy to help out or answer any questions. Our timeline was as follows:

I-130 Sent: 2/16/21

I-130 NOA1: 2/16/21

I-130 Approved: 6/2/21

NVC Received: 6/7/21

Submitted NVC Documents: 7/1/21

NVC Documentarily Qualified: 9/9/21

Interview Notification: 11/10/21

Interview Date: 12/1/21

Visa Received: 12/2/21

USCIS was processed at the Nebraska Service Center. The timeline far exceeded our expectations and we were one of the lucky ones I guess. No hiccups and we filed everything ourselves. Keeping you in our thoughts and hoping for a prompt finish!

Edit: Rereading your post, have you been documentarily qualified from NVC? If so, what was the date?

Thanks for posting. It looks like your process of much, much quicker than ours and others to whom I have spoken. We were documentarily qualified in July, 2021. We did get an interview notification which originally allowed us to schedule for June. However, wife's medical clearance is taking longer than expected and we can't reschedule until that gets finished (prob later this month). 

This is more of an advisory for all applicants.

We were lucky and snuck in while the USCIS office was still open in BKK and my wife's CR-1 was approved in 100 days.

The subsequent I-751 to remove conditions and get the 10 year green card  not so quick.

After two extensions I finally contacted my Senators office and  they eventually unclogged the system and my wife now has her 10 year green card.

I would seriously suggest you contact both your Senator and Representative's offices. 

They are, trust me well versed in putting pressure on these folks

• Thanks 1

We initially applied in August 2020 and looks like she will get her final interview in August 2022 (just got her final medical clearance today). So, entire visa process: 24 months. I have heard about the green card issues and do plan to contact my reps. The green card is her visa back into the U.S. if we travel after she gets here, right? Don't want to wait years to be able to travel. 

15 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

This is more of an advisory for all applicants.

We were lucky and snuck in while the USCIS office was still open in BKK and my wife's CR-1 was approved in 100 days.

The subsequent I-751 to remove conditions and get the 10 year green card  not so quick.

After two extensions I finally contacted my Senators office and  they eventually unclogged the system and my wife now has her 10 year green card.

I would seriously suggest you contact both your Senator and Representative's offices. 

They are, trust me well versed in putting pressure on these folks

Doesn't she need the green card to get back into the U.S. if she travels? Waiting that long would be quite a hindrance if so. Or, am I wrong and a person can go out and back in before getting the green card?

8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Doesn't she need the green card to get back into the U.S. if she travels? Waiting that long would be quite a hindrance if so. Or, am I wrong and a person can go out and back in before getting the green card?

I think you're not understanding what I'm saying.

My wife got her 2 year green card through the CR-1, since we'd been legally married less than 2 years.

It was while in the US and we applied for the removal of conditions to get her the 10 year green card the problems arose.

That when my Senators office really helped

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...