COVID extension documents

Hi

I'm in Bangkok on a non-imm O visa and I need to get my first 60 day COVID extension. What documents do I need to bring to Immigration at Chaeng Wattana to get the extension?

Also, do you get the approval or denial immediately or do you need to come back?

Thank you.

Edited by TPDH

The docs are the usual photocopies of pp pages.

Identity page tm6 last entry stamp most recent visa or extension stamp.

TM7 with photo.

May require TM30. 

Affidavit. They will provide that.. Tick second box.

You will receive approval or otherwise on the spot.

You have a non O ? Be prepared to answer why your not obtaining extension to your non O. 

At CW there is print photocopy picture stall lower level if you overlook anything. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 1/16/2022 at 11:25 AM, DrJack54 said:

TM7 with photo.

May require TM30. 

You have a non O ? Be prepared to answer why your not obtaining extension to your non O. 

At CW there is print photocopy picture stall lower level if you overlook anything. 

Thank you! With a non-imm O visa, do you know if I should go to the Muang Thong Thani or Chaeng Wattana immigration office? 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, DrJack54 said:

TM7 with photo.

May require TM30. 

And in my case today (18 January 2022) at Hua Hin Immigration Office, a letter of confirmation and request for temporary stay from my consulate.

2 minutes ago, Marvest said:

And in my case today (18 January 2022) at Hua Hin Immigration Office, a letter of confirmation and request for temporary stay from my consulate.

Yes immigration offices have their individual requirements (sadly)

What did the letter you supplied look like. State what exactly.

This OP is dealing with CW so that's not a requirement there. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What did the letter you supplied look like. State what exactly.

The US Embassy in Bangkok has an email address ([email protected]) with auto reply.  If you send an email to that address, it will auto reply.  Although the email received is only informational, it is enough to satisfy the immigration office at Hua Hin for COVID visa extension purposes.  The email received must be to an email address that can be identified with the applicant's name (in my case first initial and last name were enough).  The email must be printed and submitted with the application for extension.  

5 minutes ago, Marvest said:

The US Embassy in Bangkok has an email address ([email protected]) with auto reply.  If you send an email to that address, it will auto reply.  Although the email received is only informational, it is enough to satisfy the immigration office at Hua Hin for COVID visa extension purposes.  The email received must be to an email address that can be identified with the applicant's name (in my case first initial and last name were enough).  The email must be printed and submitted with the application for extension.  

Yes HH seems to be pulling stunts.

Current thread of national from Hong Kong needing this letter rubbish and not able to obtain it.

Haven't seen it required anywhere else. Bunch of dills. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Current thread of national from Hong Kong needing this letter...

Ha!  There was a couple from Honk Kong in front of me.  They were begging and pleading with the io.  They were denied.  Hong Kong requires THREE WEEK quarantine for returning nationals.  Hong Kong based airline personnel are quitting by the hundreds.  If I were them, I would do whatever it takes to get an email, any email, from the Hong Kong embassy.  It seems any email from the embassy will do if it is addressed to the applicant.

7 hours ago, Marvest said:

It seems any email from the embassy will do if it is addressed to the applicant.

I don't do well dealing with recalcitrant people. If I was in that situation I would just use an agent.

Too many megalomaniacs in Thai immigration..

BTW I would be asking Australian embassy for email and they wouldn't give you the time of the day let alone an embassy email. 

Mind you a letter from them with the word "refusal" would be attractive to them. 

Edited by DrJack54

On 1/16/2022 at 11:25 AM, DrJack54 said:

TM7 with photo.

May require TM30. 

Thank you! About the affidavit, are you supposed to tick both the first box with: "... pandemic situation of COVID-19 is still ongoing"? 

And the second box with "The embassy / consulate is unable to issue the letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay".

Or is only the second box enough? 

10 minutes ago, TPDH said:

Thank you! About the affidavit, are you supposed to tick both the first box with: "... pandemic situation of COVID-19 is still ongoing"? 

And the second box with "The embassy / consulate is unable to issue the letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay".

Or is only the second box enough? 

Second box previously was the go to box for most.

There are couple of immigration offices now asking for actual letter (email) from embassy stating no letter issued.

Current example is Hua Hin.

Another office to place on my rubbish list.

Which office are you dealing with? 

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Second box previously was the go to box for most.

There are couple of immigration offices now asking for actual letter (email) from embassy stating no letter issued.

Current example is Hua Hin.

Another office to place on my rubbish list.

Which office are you dealing with? 

I see. I'm dealing with Chaeng Wattana. 

5 minutes ago, TPDH said:

I see. I'm dealing with Chaeng Wattana. 

Reports from CW that immigration officer being bombastic and treating people rudely.

Along with request to show outbound flight.

Try and ignore that rubbish.

Misery loves company.

You need to go to immigration Friday or Monday.

I'm not aware of CW being open this Saturday.

Good luck. 

Here is my experience in Nakon Phanom... I went to get my 60 day covid extension a few days ago. The second person I saw said the first person did not do my paperwork correctly so it took some additional time to straighten it out... The first person also argued that I had over stayed my initial 30 day visa  until I pointed out as  did another immigration officer that I did not and I had a 30 day extension...Total I was there for 2 hours but this also included that I had to register my new passport.

From that point things seemed to go well. I was dismayed that the 60 day extension was to start  on the day I was applying, Jan 19th and NOT from the end of my current extension Feb 13. The reason I went so early was it is my understanding that if you  wait until after Jan 25th  you are unlikely to get the 60 day extension. This was also pointed out by the second person that I saw that seemed to know what she was doing. I was also told that 60 60 day would end the end of March and I could come back for another extension then.

I paid for the extension but then was told that I must return in 2 weeks on Feb 2 and my passport was stamped saying is "under consideration". I was told this is the new rules... A friend of mine told me that this is what has happened to him as well and even though he has a 60 day visa he has to go back every 30 days to "check in" and get a signature... That of course makes no sense to me... 60 days is 60 days not 30 days... I would not be that bad but it is a 3 hour r/t drive to immigration from where I live...

So that is my story... If any one can tell me this is the "new  norm" and if they are experiencing the same and that my visa that is "under consideration" will actually be granted that would be great...

larry

10 minutes ago, AcuDoc said:

I was dismayed that the 60 day extension was to start  on the day I was applying, Jan 19th and NOT from the end of my current extension Feb 13.

For first extension this is common.

If you obtain another covid extension in future it should date from end of you permission of stay. 

The under consideration period is common.

So every office (officer?) has different rules?!

Situation at MTT in BKK seems to be different: it used to be 60 days from the day your visa/exempt expired, but you would receive an under consideration stamp and would have to come back after ~14 days (my experience mid last year),

Then they changed to giving the full 60 days straight away again starting from the expiry date of your visa (my experience this month).