60 day covid extenson Tm30 form?

Heeellllooo

I am to apply for a 30 day extension this week, having arrived on a visa exempt 30 days. I have heard that one may be able to apply for a 60 day covid extension, and I would need a Tm30 form. My plan is to go to Chiang Mai for 30 days, having done 30 days in Bangkok. I am just after some clarification, as I have read that I will likely only be able to apply for a 30 day extension, and then perhaps a further 30 days when that is up. Do I really need this Tm30 form? I don't want to hassle the airbnb unnecessarily and have only 30 days booked in Chiang Mai

Thank you

You will have to obtain the standard 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry prior to obtaining covid 60 day extension.

They are due to end January 25 but most likely will continue.

As for the TM30 it's hit and miss.

Depends on the immigration office and even the immigration officer.

Good chance that it's required. 

BTW your Airbnb should do a TM30 since it's the law. 

Edited by DrJack54

7 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Im doing my first Covid ext this week as I completed my standard 30x ext at CNX

So do I fill out the reg ext form AND the covid ext form as if it were a "standard" ext?

copy PP--dep card-tm30 pages--etc  add pic  1900 bt....same as before + covid form??

thanks  

Yes all extension forms are done on TM7.

You have done one already and the docs (photocopies pp) will be same.

Also take along the affidavit.

Here is link.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes all extension forms are done on TM7.

You have done one already and the docs (photocopies pp) will be same.

Also take along the affidavit.

Here is link.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 229.8 kB · 926 downloads

Groovy thanks Doc...first time doing one so always like to go in a day before and make sure im prepped

So its basically like a reg ext-same process fees-paperwork with the "covid" form added +1900 bt?

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So its basically like a reg ext-same process fees-paperwork with the "covid" form added +1900 bt?

Yes all extensions 1900baht.

When does current permission of stay end. 

There won't be any confusion as you have had your 30 day extension already and you can only have one per entry. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes all extensions 1900baht.

When does current permission of stay end. 

There won't be any confusion as you have had your 30 day extension already and you can only have one per entry. 

Yep and I was there the other week for the new PP transfer stamp--3rd PP and they seem to have a "new" policy..ugh..I had to copy EVERY page of my old PP!!..never did that with #2......anyway

So Yep i came in nov 19th 2021  visa ex...did the 30 ext in CNX--send old pp to bkk--got new one after 2-3 weeks --did transfer stamp to new PP...odd my old PP expired jan 25th 2022 and when they did the transfer the new stamp said JAN 30????...but Im playing it safe and going in on 20th as the original stamp said---not sure why the transfer stamp jumped to Jab 30 2022....and the covid is set to exp 25th

was thinking how packed it is in CNX Immig daily and how that 1900 must add up..cha --ching!!!!!!

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

was thinking how packed it is in CNX Immig daily and how that 1900 must add up..cha --ching!!!!

In the scheme of things if I was needing covid extensions I would be very happy with 1900baht.

Hopefully you won't get an under consideration period and have to return for final stamp..

Don't leave it till Jan25.

Go asap. 

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

In the scheme of things if I was needing covid extensions I would be very happy with 1900baht.

Hopefully you won't get an under consideration period and have to return for final stamp..

Go asap. 

Good luck.

I asked to do it last week when i did my PP transfer--the girl said if I did it then the stamp would be from that day----i thought to myself--she is wrong as Ive done exts before the exp date..... planning on doing it on the 20th..my original stamp exp date--though as noted my new PP oddly now says jan 30....

4 minutes ago, stuarty said:

I have  question about the TM 30 form.  I am staying in my own apartment, so how can I provide what's needed for this part?

I got mine from my apt guy--I got back in nov and went back to my old apt--my landlord said he needed my PP for Immig---as he has never asked before--(covid)  i was like <deleted>?   gave it to him and he came back with a paper saying immig confirmed my address and take it with me for my extension..

so ask the person who manages where u stay--seems its their job to get you one--even though i dont like giving anyone my PP.....just another day in the always changing rules that we know as thai Immig

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Go asap. 

Good luck.

agreed sure beats a burma border run or even worse--a laos trip

1 minute ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I asked to do it last week when i did my PP transfer--the girl said if I did it then the stamp would be from that day----i thought to myself--she is wrong as Ive done exts before the exp date..... planning on doing it on the 20th..my original stamp exp date--though as noted my new PP oddly now says jan 30....

Was a slip up in my advice above.

Since it's your first covid extension they will start that from the day you apply.

Your next one (if there is a next one) will start from end of permit.

Up to you but I still would go early due to crazy busy next week. Even if you lose few days

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

BTW your Airbnb should do a TM30 since it's the law. 

Thank you but if i don't have plans to book a further 60 days with them, why would they say so. Isn't that the purpose of the TM30, to say you plan to stay there for a further 60 days?

54 minutes ago, Kitano298 said:

Thank you but if i don't have plans to book a further 60 days with them, why would they say so. Isn't that the purpose of the TM30, to say you plan to stay there for a further 60 days?

Absolutely not.

The TM30 is an invention designed to somehow record your address.

Of course it does. It's a nonsense. 

Some folk in fact stay in a hotel for only one night in order to have a TM30 receipt to go to immigration and obtain an extension.

Be aware that with some immigration offices they give an under consideration stamp.

You have your extension but have to return for "final" stamp.

Can be an issue travel plan wise. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Sorry what do you mean file it?  Can I just take a completed TM30 filled in by me, when I go for Covid Extension?

I would do the TM30 prior to obtaining your extension.

I'm not sure of exactly what docs you require for TM30 as the owner.

@ubonjoe can help you with what's required. 

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I would do the TM30 prior to obtaining your extension.

I'm not sure of exactly what docs you require for TM30 as the owner.

@ubonjoe can help you with what's required. 

Thanks.  I stayed my first night in a (5*) hotel in Phuket, under test and go.. They presumably took my passport details for TM 30 purposes, but didn't give me anything back with the passport.

I am now staying in my owned apartment. Do I therefore still need to do anything else when applying for covid extension?

Edited by stuarty

Just now, stuarty said:

Thanks.  I stayed my first night in a (5*) hotel in Phuket, under teast and go..  They presumably took my passport details for TM 30 purposes, but didn't give me anything back with the passport. Do I therefore still need to do anything else when applying for covid etension?

A TM30 from any hotel would have been sufficient. You could have asked hotel for screenshot of receipt for making TM30 report.

That aside I think since you own your condo it's best to do a TM30 for that address. 

This condo is also in Phuket, I assume. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

A TM30 from any hotel would have been sufficient. You could have asked hotel for screenshot of receipt for making TM30 report.

That aside I think since you own your condo it's best to do a TM30 for that address. 

This condo is also in Phuket, I assume. 

Thanks, the condo is also in Phuket. When you say "do a TM 30", could I just take along a completed form when applying for a covid extension, or what?

Thanks, the condo is also in Phuket. When you say "do a TM 30", could I just take along a completed form when applying for a covid extension, or what?

Yes you could.

In my previous post I mentioned that I'm not sure of exactly what documents are required in your situation being the owner.

Ubonjoe or someone in your situation (owner) will advise shortly..

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, stuarty said:

When my LL took my PP to Immig for TM30 he returned it with a white strip of paper attached as TM30--much like the departure small ticket they staple in your PP..but a bit longer strip of paper

im going in this week for my 1st covid ext----already got my reg ext

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

49 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

When my LL took my PP to Immig for TM30 he returned it with a white strip of paper attached as TM30--much like the departure small ticket they staple in your PP..but a bit longer strip of paper

im going in this week for my 1st covid ext----already got my reg ext

Yeah your circumstances are different from mine.  I dont have a landlord, as I own my condo.  I am wondering how to produce a TM30 confirmation. Is a TM30 a must for Covid extension??

On 1/17/2022 at 9:55 PM, stuarty said:

Yeah your circumstances are different from mine.  I dont have a landlord, as I own my condo.  I am wondering how to produce a TM30 confirmation. Is a TM30 a must for Covid extension??

Maybe the condo owner-property guy, as assume there are other condos in your building??

37 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Maybe the condo owner-property guy, as assume there are other condos in your building??

Hi  I appreciate any help and advice, but sorry do not understand your comment. I own my condo and yes there are other condos/owners in the complex. The land is held by a BVI company.  There must be hundreds/thousands of such cases. There is no other "condo-owner property guy" except me, for my condo.

I wonder if I could just provide my own completed TM30 if asked.  Everything else seems straightforward.  

Edited by stuarty

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you can do a TM30 report for yourself. You will need proof you own the condo (chanote and etc).

Thanks. How exactly do I do this?  Print out a paper form? Also, my physical title document is in the UK.  Is there another way to prove residence, such as a letter from my condo management confirming ownership, or something like that?

3 minutes ago, stuarty said:

Is there another way to prove residence, such as a letter from my condo management confirming ownership, or something like that?

Your going to run out of time if you wish to apply prior to Jan 25.

Spend 500baht on cheapest hotel that will file a TM30 on the spot and give you screenshot. 

23 minutes ago, stuarty said:

Thanks. How exactly do I do this?  Print out a paper form? Also, my physical title document is in the UK.  Is there another way to prove residence, such as a letter from my condo management confirming ownership, or something like that?

Immigration will accept a signed copy of your proof of ownership.