COVID-19 Extension Trat anyone?

Hello all, apologies in advance if some questions have already been asked - with the fluctuating situation I only read the threads of the last couple of weeks.

We entered the country on a visa exemption (30 days on arrival) and received a visa extension in BKK without issue (another 30 days). We are now in Koh Chang and are considering staying longer (possibly until April). I was told by the BKK immigration office by phone that we should hurry to apply for the COVID-19 extension before 25 January but that they weren't sure whether we would receive it. From reading the threads I can see that the experiences in BKK and Phuket varied widely. Has anyone tried to apply in Trat and if so what was the experience?

If I understand correctly, the TM 7 form is the same one as for the regular extension and we should ask for a TM 30 from the hotel? 

What do you guys put in as justification? I read you can only get the COVID-19 extension if you cannot get back to your country of residence? Is that true? And what about the affidavit? Is that still required and what needs to be in it/where do you do that? 

Thanks so much in advance for any advice/experience anyone might have! ????

By all means apply now. This week.

Yes use TM7 form with same photocopies as per your 30 day extension. 1900 baht.

Here is link for affidavit.

You can tick second box.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659 

Yes you will need TM30. Ask hotel to screenshot of receipt. 

When does your current permission of stay end? 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your quick answer - very helpful!

Unfortunately our current stay only ends on 17 February, so we were planning on waiting a bit longer, as I was told that the COVID-19 extension is added on from the day you apply rather added on at the end like with the previous extension?

Just now, Annika DM said:

Thanks for your quick answer - very helpful!

Unfortunately our current stay only ends on 17 February, so we were planning on waiting a bit longer, as I was told that the COVID-19 extension is added on from the day you apply rather added on at the end like with the previous extension?

That seems to be the procedure for your first covid extension.

The 60 starts from day of application. 

I can see the dilemma. 

Gamble on covid extensions continuing after Jan 25 and wait till closer to Feb 17.

Personally I believe they will continue. Have to.

Anyway your call. Is it possible to ring trat immigration and ask if they can date from Feb 17.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Annika DM said:

Sorry, just saw that you said tix box no 2? I thought it was better to tick box no 1 "due to the ongoing pandemic"?

That will also work. 

Frankly don't think it really matters.

And your box 1 is the very reason why they should be continued. 

Have you made any inquiries regarding an agent doing the leg work to Trat for extension.

BTW wherever you obtain the covid extension be that now or later be aware to find out if imm office is doing under consideration period.

That affects your travel plans

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Annika DM said:

Sorry, just saw that you said tix box no 2? I thought it was better to tick box no 1 "due to the ongoing pandemic"?

You tick all that apply. I always tick box 1, and the 'other' box at the bottom, and write something about it not being safe to travel. I don't personally tick the embassy box, because since I didn't actually ask the embassy it's technically lying (even though I know what they'll probably say). Either way, nobody really cares which boxes you tick.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the answers, especially on which box to tick. Anyone with experience in Trat who knows whether you get the COVID extension immediately? Will try to call the office tomorrow just in case too but not sure it would be accurate info depending on which immigration agent will be there? ????

6 hours ago, Annika DM said:

Thanks for all the answers, especially on which box to tick. Anyone with experience in Trat who knows whether you get the COVID extension immediately? Will try to call the office tomorrow just in case too but not sure it would be accurate info depending on which immigration agent will be there? ????

There is a bar on Sukhumvit Rd across the road from the Farung guesthouse street(Soi chaeron). The owner is Nui who will introduce you to locals who can probably answer your questions. Would mean atrip to Trat city for the night. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That seems to be the procedure for your first covid extension.

The 60 starts from day of application. 

I can see the dilemma. 

Gamble on covid extensions continuing after Jan 25 and wait till closer to Feb 17.

Personally I believe they will continue. Have to.

Anyway your call. Is it possible to ring trat immigration and ask if they can date from Feb 17.

The 60 days from application is frustrating as I am stamped in till 20 Feb.

My cunning plan is I have an appointment booked at immigration on 25 Jan and if extensions are not continued I will turn up and see what I can get.

If they are continued, I will cancel the appointment and go closer to 20 Feb.

I am using an agent and would consider this approach a bit risky without one.

Fingers crossed for the 24th!

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

The 60 days from application is frustrating as I am stamped in till 20 Feb.

My cunning plan is I have an appointment booked at immigration on 25 Jan and if extensions are not continued I will turn up and see what I can get

Yes...very easy for me to bang on that the covid extensions will continue beyond Jan 2 when I'm not using them.

Really hope they are continued. 

3 minutes ago, Annika DM said:

Does anyone know if dependents also have to fill in the affidavit (signed by a parent)? Or only adults?

I don't think they would want a minor to sign them. It it would depend upon their age (15 or 18 for Thais).

Reporting back from Trat immigration office. So, we ended up getting a "under consideration" stamp. They said to come back in 14 days "for the stamp". So I'm assuming they will give it to us. Fingers crossed! Anyone ever not gotten the stamp after a "under consideration " first stamp?

I spoke to quite a few people though and pretty much no one received the COVID extension. They were saying the situation isn't bad enough and that there are not enough lockdowns like last year to warrant it...

15 minutes ago, Annika DM said:

Reporting back from Trat immigration office. So, we ended up getting a "under consideration" stamp. They said to come back in 14 days "for the stamp". So I'm assuming they will give it to us. Fingers crossed! Anyone ever not gotten the stamp after a "under consideration " first stamp?

I spoke to quite a few people though and pretty much no one received the COVID extension. They were saying the situation isn't bad enough and that there are not enough lockdowns like last year to warrant it...

You have your extension.

The return requirement is just to receive the stamp. Your total is 60 days.