Where to refill barbecue gas bottles in Hua Hin?

Speedhump

Hi all.

I searched for 'refill lpg propane' and found nothing here, which was a surprise.

My owned 18kg bottle is empty and I would like to refill it. It's the usual Thai/Australian 'internal only' old-type screw connection.

Can anyone tell me where to go to refill it, and what's a reasonable cost? Is it from a metered pump like refilling your car with petrol? I don't know the form here. Thanks.

As most in Thailand cook with propane this is one of the easiest things to do. Provided you have the correct bottle (different companies use different bottles) from your local supplier. Usually a pale green colour where I live. You simply exchange an empty one for a full one.

You simply need to find a restaurant/neighbor/taxi et al. for directions. An empty bottle and pantomime Thai will suffice.

Edited by VocalNeal

20 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

As most in Thailand cook with propane this is one of the easiest things to do. Provided you have the correct bottle (different companies use different bottles) from your local supplier. Usually a pale green colour where I live. You simply exchange an empty one for a full one.

You simply need to find a restaurant/neighbor/taxi et al. for directions. An empty bottle and pantomime Thai will suffice.

Thanks kindly. That's how I used to do it in the UAE, my two bottles were rented from a local supplier who just came to the house and replaced the empty one with a full one. My problems with your answer are that (1) I don't know where my local supplier is, can I go to a PPT station maybe, just for a refill? And (2) as I said I own the bottle, it came with the Grill King barbeque I bought from Hafele. Maybe I'll just give them a call and check their ideas, they may tell me which supplier supplies their bottles. Thanks again for putting me on the path. ????