TOYOTA Cross GR Sport

spider1197

I ordered a new Toyota Cross GR Sport last week, Thailand, and was told it would be 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.  I know how garages work and don't trust them very much,  Does anyone know realistic delivery times for this new model and considering the Covid situation?

Edited by spider1197

Just had my test drive. Very nice. Prefer a standalone sat nav rather it relying on my Android / iPhone but apart from that, a lot of car for the money.

They told me the pearl white with a black top is in stock now and can be delivered in 1 week. I saw a customer car awaiting delivery that had some external options on it - extra black accents on the front, the silver panels on the sides replaced with more subtle ones (again increasing the black accents) and it looks much better too. Doesn't look as good from the back, but front and sides it is almost, dare I say, sexy.

Just finished driving the Fortuner 2.8 GR Sport. Very disappointing. Drives like a bus, very slow kickdowns plus lag, in car entertainment system far too reliant on your phone (ie no built in sat nav at all and no real 'apps'). I've had an Android head unit in my Pajero for 3 years and it's light years ahead of Toyota's 2022 top of the range system.

The Cross is WAY more car at 1.25M than the Fortuner is at 1.9M, although the wife will want the Fortuner for the kids, to sit up high, and to show off.

Dealer sent me these pics of the customer car that was awaiting delivery. Has non-standard black accents which look gorgeous and also make the slightly bland back end look better.

A real head turner - which is why I insta asked for a test drive.

S__7561288.jpg

S__7561290.jpg

S__7561293.jpg

The standard one (at least the one I test drove) is a little lighter at the front and rear, and the lower side panels are fully silver. The changes on this car are subtle, but oh so nice.

Standard GR in this vid shows the differences pretty well: 

In fact it looks like the customer car has a bodykit on it. The lower front bumper is definitely different, and black.

Edited by Woof999

7 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

The standard one (at least the one I test drove) is a little lighter at the front and rear, and the lower side panels are fully silver. The changes on this car are subtle, but oh so nice.

Standard GR in this vid shows the differences pretty well: 

In fact it looks like the customer car has a bodykit on it. The lower front bumper is definitely different, and black.

Yeah, maybe a wrap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...