Elite Ultimate Privilege Vs Elite Superiority Extension Visas

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks, it seems like a pretty significant price increase for a couple of extra things.  Plus the second one being called "Extension" made me wonder if it was an add-on or an upgrade to an existing visa.  They don't make things easy to follow.

I have another question.  Does anyone know of any suitable health insurance for an elite visa?  If I get the 20 year, I'd probably be looking at spending most of my time in Thailand but I won't be working.  I don't know if I should get an open-ended travel (holiday insurance), some allow you to extend while you're travelling.  Or whether a more formal annual health insurance policy would be more appropriate, and if so, with who?

If I can get to Thailand and get a visa you can to. Unless you need your hand held once off the plane. Funny thing about the guys with the elite visas that get caught on overstay because the thought they didn't have to renew their visas after one year. 

2 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

If I can get to Thailand and get a visa you can to. Unless you need your hand held once off the plane. Funny thing about the guys with the elite visas that get caught on overstay because the thought they didn't have to renew their visas after one year. 

Yes, it is confusing because the sticker they put in your passport is good for 5 years, but when you arrive in Thailand they stamp your book but write a date on the stamp one year later.

But they do not tall you anything about it.

So unless you are aware or look it can be overlooked.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rott said:

Am I correct in thinking that all Elite visas still require 90 day reporting. 

Yes, but they provide this service without additional cost.

You must drop passport off on a Monday and pick it up the next Friday.

There is a specific location in Bangkok and Pattaya. I am unsure about other areas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Yes, but they provide this service without additional cost.

You must drop passport off on a Monday and pick it up the next Friday.

There is a specific location in Bangkok and Pattaya. I am unsure about other areas.

Didn't realise it was available in Pattaya, I have only seen Bangkok mentioned. 

3 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Yes, it is confusing because the sticker they put in your passport is good for 5 years, but when you arrive in Thailand they stamp your book but write a date on the stamp one year later.

But they do not tall you anything about it.

So unless you are aware or look it can be overlooked.

If you keep going in and out of Thailand regularly, do you get a new stamp for a year from your latest arrival?

And do you know the process to renew every 5 years?

Edited by randymarsh

59 minutes ago, randymarsh said:

If you keep going in and out of Thailand regularly, do you get a new stamp for a year from your latest arrival?

Yes.

1 hour ago, randymarsh said:

And do you know the process to renew every 5 years?

It is pretty simple. You make an appointment with Thailand Elite to get a fresh five-year visa affixed in your passport after your current five year visa expires, either as you re-enter Thailand, or at Chaengwattana.

• Thanks 1