Day 5-7 PCR test

Hi all, I arrived on Saturday the 15th on the test and go scheme part of the requirements is to get a PCR test on days 5-7 after arrival, when I e checked the hospital list the nearest place to me is in nongkhai…I’m in Khon Kaen so it’s a fair old drive, just wondering if it’s ok to pay for my own test or do I have to go to one of the hospitals on the list? I don’t want to pay for a private test and it doesn’t get accepted because it’s not on the government list 

Is the list available online?

Privately paid tests in KK are available of course.

Whom/how do you have to show the test result?

Would be very surprised if tests from private hospitals are not accepted.

In Pattaya e.g. they are done for international travel purposes by misc private hospitals or labs. Seen on my own.

Edited by KhunBENQ

ALL government hospitals and university hospitals can ber used. So obviously, several places in Khon Kaen. I think what happened is OP looked only at the listing of private hospitals.

See https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1AnIVPwYeGs3l-rO25X1Wi9LLAbSbrSD0?sort=13&direction=a

and click on the second file where you will see:

"1. โรงพยําบําลสังกัดกระทรวงสําธํารณสุขทุกแห่ง (All Public Hospitals under Ministry of Public Health)
2. โรงพยําบําลในสังกัดกระทรวงอุดมศึกษําฯ (All University Hospital)
3. สถํานพยําบําลเอกชนที่ประสงค์เข้ําร่วมโครงกํารตรวจหําเชื้อโควิด 19 ครั้งที่ 2 (RT-PCR) ในผู้เข้ําร่วมโครงกําร Test&Go (Only Designated Private Hospital)"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure there is a hospital or testing center in Khon Kean on the list that the QR code on you pink slip will show.

No QR code on the pink slip at least wasn't on mine. The relevant QR code is on display at the airport and was also handed out by T&G hotels. It links to

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1AnIVPwYeGs3l-rO25X1Wi9LLAbSbrSD0?sort=13&direction=a

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure there is a hospital or testing center in Khon Kean on the list that the QR code on you pink slip will show.

I had lost my pink slip, which is why maybe I had to pay (3000 THB) at the Prachareuk hospital in KK. That being said, it's a good hospital, easy to find in KK (although parking is a bit of an issue). I had the results sent to me one day later by email. No bar code of any kind, however I had no problerm feeding the info into the Morchana app and my status changed (within a few hours) from "Medium Risk" to " Very Low Risk". So, obviously, that worked, and I'm pretty certain I'm now off the hook. Bottomline, although I had to pay, that was easy enough and I would think it's better to pay 3000 THB than a round trip of +/- 400 kms to Nong Khai.

Thanks for the replies gents, I scanned the QR code on the pink slip and that generates a list of hospitals none of them are in Khon Kaen….I will have a look at the links you have all supplied. At the moment I’m going on Thursday to pay fir a private test.

1 hour ago, essex boys said:

Thanks for the replies gents, I scanned the QR code on the pink slip and that generates a list of hospitals none of them are in Khon Kaen….I will have a look at the links you have all supplied. At the moment I’m going on Thursday to pay fir a private test.

The QR code posted above leads to the same google drive info. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1AnIVPwYeGs3l-rO25X1Wi9LLAbSbrSD0?sort=13&direction=a

There are 3 or 4 of them shown as being in Khon Kaen.

5 hours ago, essex boys said:

The list you are looking at is only the private hospitals which are in the scheme. Indeed there are none n KK.

ALL government and university hospitals are accepted. So you can go to any one of a number of hospitals in KK.

I did the day 5-7 test but was expecting somehow my Mor Chana app would be automatically updated - but of course it wasn't. Started getting reminders on my phone from the app asking where the tests results are. As I have now left Thailand I deleted the app - it's called "untying the Gordian knot ???? " but in hind-sight should I have scanned the test results in or something? Of course complete lack of instructions on this from the Thai government or indeed the (private) hospital I used

Edited by nglodnig
  • Thanks 1

I went for the day 5 to 7 test at a hospital in Chiayaphuum and showed them the pink slip after a while I heard them mention test and go. They took my passport and details of the 1 night quarentine hotel.

I signed a couple of papers then they took the PCR test.

They gave me no papers and said they would phone result to my fiancee. After 3 days she called the hospital and they said if ok then maybe they don't call.

So this 5 to 7 day result is a different process depending on where you go maybe the result was sent to my hotel where I stayed one night.Bottom line is they will have a record of me completing requirement as they processed papers before the PCR test.

2 hours ago, LoVeFuN said:

I went for the day 5 to 7 test at a hospital in Chiayaphuum and showed them the pink slip after a while I heard them mention test and go. They took my passport and details of the 1 night quarentine hotel.

I signed a couple of papers then they took the PCR test.

They gave me no papers and said they would phone result to my fiancee. After 3 days she called the hospital and they said if ok then maybe they don't call.

So this 5 to 7 day result is a different process depending on where you go maybe the result was sent to my hotel where I stayed one night.Bottom line is they will have a record of me completing requirement as they processed papers before the PCR test.

I would not recommend accepting this. Others have run into problems relying on hospitals to notify them if there was "a problem".

Go to the hospital and request a copy of the lab result. They can provide it is you ask firmly and politely.

Then send it to your Test & Go hotel

• Like 1

Bit of an update, I went to Khon Kaen public hospital, parking was horrendous but the process is very efficient the testing is done under a big white marquee type of thing, I sat and waited to be called forward to hand over my passport and pink slip I had to put these into a plastic bag, the nurse there didn’t seem to know what the process was so got someone to show her, my documents plus a slip of paper the nurse put in the bag then disappeared up the line, I was told to sit in another waiting area untill my name was called I then went to another nursing station picked up my sealed documents bag and was told to go to booth number 1 (there were three booths) sat on the chair and had my nose swabbed the swab was handed in a sealed tube to another nurse who then took my girlfriend number and said the results would be phoned through to her or on the mor channa app, she really didn’t seem to know which…anyway it was efficiently done and free as I said the only problem was the parking.

• Like 1

Update from me.... went to Banglamung Hospital (Pattaya) as instructed by hotel.... they had a dedicated area for " 2nd PCR test" open from 8-10 am....gave pick slip and filled out a form and went in to wait under a huge marquee (previously used as public vaccination center judging by the signs).... about 25 people before me and lady gave out test vials when paperwork registered.   Went over to another area for swab and then the "thailand health pass" was loaded on my phone via Line and was told i didn't need to do anything (on Morchana app)...all took about 45 minutes and pretty well organized.  Negative result available today when i opened the "thailand health pass" link via Line

42 minutes ago, William Osborne said:

Update from me.... went to Banglamung Hospital (Pattaya) as instructed by hotel.... they had a dedicated area for " 2nd PCR test" open from 8-10 am....gave pick slip and filled out a form and went in to wait under a huge marquee (previously used as public vaccination center judging by the signs).... about 25 people before me and lady gave out test vials when paperwork registered.   Went over to another area for swab and then the "thailand health pass" was loaded on my phone via Line and was told i didn't need to do anything (on Morchana app)...all took about 45 minutes and pretty well organized.  Negative result available today when i opened the "thailand health pass" link via Line

You must have been there same time as me as I was #20. I thought it was very easy and all seats were socially distanced.

I received a notification on Mor Chana "by regulations you are required to submit your 7 day PCR test". Notification included a link. It asks for a lab report number which is not included in the Line report. I just uploaded a Line screenshot and used my testing ticket number 20 and it accepted it.

Edited by aussiexpat

Another update from me…no notification on the mor Chana app girlfriend called the hospital and they said the app wasn’t working all the time ?…now got to go back to Khon Kaen hospital tomorrow to get the paperwork….another parking nightmare 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:23 PM, Sheryl said:

I would not recommend accepting this. Others have run into problems relying on hospitals to notify them if there was "a problem".

Go to the hospital and request a copy of the lab result. They can provide it is you ask firmly and politely.

Then send it to your Test & Go hotel

Thanks Sheryl I took your advice got a paper  test negative with stamp and sent it to my 1 night test and go hotel.

Hopefully that's all that's required as although I have morchana app I cannot post onto it.

38 minutes ago, LoVeFuN said:

Hopefully that's all that's required as although I have morchana app I cannot post onto it.

Just in case you missed it, Morchama app has a notifications icon on bottom right corner. That's were they should have sent you a personalised link to upload your PCR certificate 

Screenshot_20220125-103212.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat

8 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Just in case you missed it, Morchama app has a notifications icon on bottom right corner. That's were they should have sent you a personalised link to upload your PCR certificate 

Screenshot_20220125-103212.jpg

I have just submitted the result thanks for your help

• Like 1