Witch's Oyster Bar

Re Baan Klang Nam....Sabaijai... their oysters look anything like this???

post-53787-1251170339_thumb.jpg

Baan Klang Nam has several locations, and also a decent web site....

As a matter of fact they looked exactly liked that, and delicious they were. I forget the price because I was with Thai friends and we ordered quite a tableful of food but if I had to guess, based on prices at similar-class restos around BKK, I'd say they were about 75 baht each.

The branch we went to was off Rama III, very close to Saphan Khwaen. Hard to find, it's down a long narrow soi but worth the trip.

I do love oysters, whether from France, New Orleans, Mexico, or Thailand.

I was thinking of taking the TW for a surprise visit tomorrow to the Witch's Oyster Bar on Soi Ruam Rudee...which is real close to our home.... oysters and wine on her day off work...

I'd like to go to the river myself... But she's not a big BKK traveler... So she's been ragging me lately anytime I try to drag her off to someplace (no matter how nice) that's too far away from home... :)

Thanks for the invite...and the info... SBK!!!

What's the local Koh Phangnan place you're talking about... We do travel from time to time... I'll put it on my list.... as a little surprise for the wife sometime....

:)

Not where I live. Tell your wife to come down for a visit sometime and we will take her to the local seafood place, serves raw oysters on the half shell (quite large too) with crispy deep fried spring onions and this really fantastic spicy garlic lemon dipping sauce.

They have fish and other seafood too, so you can come too :D

why dont they dress up a perfect Sydney rock oyster? God I miss them , maybe a dash of lemon ohhh so creamy.

Thanks for the invite...and the info... SBK!!!

What's the local Koh Phangnan place you're talking about... We do travel from time to time... I'll put it on my list.... as a little surprise for the wife sometime....

:)

Not where I live. Tell your wife to come down for a visit sometime and we will take her to the local seafood place, serves raw oysters on the half shell (quite large too) with crispy deep fried spring onions and this really fantastic spicy garlic lemon dipping sauce.

They have fish and other seafood too, so you can come too :D

Chor Chang, on the Ban Tai road, just before the bridge and the high school on the same side as the high school. The oysters are big ones like in your picture. Not sure of the price, maybe 75 baht each, maybe less? Its been awhile since we've been and my husband always pays the bill, so, to be totally honest, its just a guess :D

I've also eaten excellent Thai oysters on the halfshell at Khrua Nai Ban (Home Kitchen) on Soi Lang Suan.

The relatively new Oyster Bar Bangkok looks promising. I counted 22 different varieties of imported oysters on the menu, including the Tomales Bay oysters I mentioned above, along with several varieties from France, Japan, Long Island, the Pacific Northwest and Portugal.

http://www.theoysterbarbangkok.com/

Last night the wife and I went to a seafood place in Pak Nam Pran...Pranburi, Right on the water and we had some beautiful oysters they were prety decent. I brought my own crystal hot sauce. Bourbon Street has some decent ones as well a bit pricey...I have been wanting to try the place on Ruam Rudee for awhile I thought it was gone the last time I drove by however....Will try it next week thanks to this post!!!!

Thanks for that, James... I am cheap....but I'm not easy... :D

It's a life habit that's enabled me to lead my current life of leisure in some considerable style... :D

John, actually i was referring to the other John on TV. Apparently there are two, hey, but if the clam shell fits... :)