'In treatment' - Jan 1st 32,929. Jan 18th 81,952

TorquayFan

Just a question. The term 'In treatment' means ?

Hospitalisations ? Under Doctor's care ?

I'm interested because, despite the encouraging low daily cases being shown, today just 6397 cases, the "In treatment' figure has  increased a lot in just 2 1/2 weeks !

If anyone can enlighten me, thanks.

It means the real figures are mistakenly being shown rather than the made up figures that keep them low enough that thailand seems to be not having many people testing positive, ie. Real figures showing through rather than those from the people wanting the tourism $$$

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Falcon said:

It means the real figures are mistakenly being shown rather than the made up figures that keep them low  thailand seems to be not having many people testing positive, ie. Real figures showing through rather than those from the people wanting the tourism $$$

What actually should matter are people in "real" hospitals needing real care, serious cases, and deaths.  People isolated in Hospetals, at home, etc; asymptomatic cases, and people with a scratchy throat are just inflating the issue. I've been saying for at least 6 months, that Covid is endemic world-wide and we need to learn to live with it, just like the annual flu, phenomena, etc, now that there are vaccines readily available in Thailand 'to anyone who wants them"; if some decide not to get a vaccine, how many years are we willing to keep the entire world shutdown? Many people here in Thailand have no means currently to make a living, and suffer greatly, it's really time to end this farce. finally there is starting to be officials "softly" saying that Covid will be endemic later this year or next, and we need to move on to the next phase of learning to live with it.... BS on that, it is already endemic or at best inevitable. it's really time to get back to life, and say "next". So many commenters on here, "including mylsef", have a good safe income && safety net, so they can continue to live under fake news, but so many world-wide are not as fortunate.  ONE person to date, "ONE", has died from the new variant, in Thailand, and is someone with many underlying issues already.

• Like 2

Ohye thanks for a clear answer. Got it now.

Falcon - there isn't much focus on the likely no. of 'infections' as distinct from recorded cases. It seems 90% of infections are now Omicron. In the nature of Omicron, many will be infected but with mild symptoms - there will never be a record of that. But because 'In treatment' has gone up by 50K in the last few weeks. I wonder if a guess around 50-100K infections a day might be close ? If anyone has any data or modelling on this it'd be interesting.

Trvlr - understand where you are coming from but I'd favour some basic cautions should continue a bit longer. Meantime a 'booster' is a good idea. 

Thanks all.

Re. the 50K increase in the 'Receiving treatment' number since Jan 1st, I think I have twigged it now, answered my own question LOL - after a couple of weeks with new 'cases' at say 50K per week, that's of course an extra 100K cases going IN to be reduced by 'recoveries', from the lower totals 'Receiving treatment' before, less, say 25K a week. There we are ! Dooh 

Every 'case' goes into the 'receiving treatment' category of course. NO choice !

But how is Omicron progressing after some weeks? With just 7000 cases or so shown daily, we are far away from the figures I expected. Of course, most infections here may just pass by as the symptoms are often milder. Hard to know what's going on.

According to all we know elsewhere, it's (Omicron), coming to a person near you !

I'm trying to work out when to hide  ATB

Edited by TorquayFan