Can I start over from Chiang Mai ?

4 minutes ago, The Theory said:

My concern is if I can get 3 months non O in Chiang Mai. Or do I have to do it in Chaeng Wattana ?

It can be done at the Chiang Mai immigration office.

Many years ago it could only be done in Bangkok.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Always good plan to obtain your non O at same imm office that you will be obtaining your extension.

Since they made the non-o visa available nationwide you have to apply for the extension at the same office where the visa was issued.

Are you currently  on an O-A visa?  
As others have mentioned you can apply for a Non-imm O after returning visa exempt.  I’ve seen reports here that Chiang Mai in particular requires those who recently abandoned their O-A visa extension to continue with the insurance required for O-A irregardless of them issuing a subsequent Non-imm O.

you might want to explore this further….  If this applies to you.  Sorry I don’t haven’t more specifics.  Perhaps other will chime in.

best wishes!

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

I’ve seen reports here that Chiang Mai in particular requires those who recently abandoned their O-A visa extension to continue with the insurance required for O-A irregardless of them issuing a subsequent Non-imm O.

Where is one report? 

• Like 1

I returned to Chiang Mai on 30/12 with a visa exemption and started the process for a 90-day Non O six days later. Will get that on the 27th. And then ultimately get a one year extension in April. It's doable in Chiang Mai....provided you meet all of the requirements as mentioned by others. Need to start the process quickly after you arrive in-country if you want to avoid applying for a 30-day extension of your visa exemption and save 1,900 baht.