Covid-19 extension

Hello everybody,

Today I went to the Immigration Office in Hua Hin to apply for a Covid-19 extension and they asked me for a letter from my embassy to confirm my request of stay extension. I contacted my embassy and told me they don't provide this kind of letter anymore because it is not necessary. I know that each Immigration Office has its own rules, so I will have to try in another office. Could you please tell me which Immigration Office in Bangkok should I go to get my covid-19 extension? I entered Thailand visa exempt.

Thank you.

Hua Hin will accept a email from your embassy stating they will not do the letter. Perhaps call them ask them to send you the email. Others have done it. That might easier than a trip to Bangkok.

In Bangkok you would apply at the Muang Thong Thani office.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hua Hin will accept a email from your embassy stating they will not do the letter. Perhaps call them ask them to send you the email. Others have done it. That might easier than a trip to Bangkok.

In Bangkok you would apply at the Muang Thong Thani office.

Thank you very much for the information, I will print the embassy email reply and try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eugen63 said:

Thank you very much for the information, I will print the embassy email reply and try again tomorrow.

The email will do the trick.

Worst case scenario you could go to Bangkok if rejected and check into hotel that does TM30 for you.

Here is screenshot of a USA couple I've been helping and just obtained covid extension HH.

They also were asked for embassy letter.

Hua Hin have gone rogue. 

Screenshot_20220119-154532~2.jpg

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Worst case scenario you could go to Bangkok if rejected and check into hotel that does TM30 for you.

Here is screenshot of a USA couple I've been helping and just obtained covid extension HH.

Hua Hin have gone rogue. 

They paid 3 times more than most of us and still are genuinely happy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hua Hin have gone rogue. 

Yeah, I hope it works.

I was also told that if I paid 5000 baht they would take care of everything, what made me feel it was very suspicious.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sunnny said:

They paid 3 times more than most of us and still are genuinely happy. 

Up to the individual.

They ran out of time for TV in the states and arrived visa exempt.

I helped them with the standard 30 day at MTT.

Next they went to HH and were able to obtain covid extension added onto end of current permission of stay. 

Also no under consideration period and off to islands shortly.

Money well spent imo..

• Like 1