Problem with extension timing

As usual I didn't think everything out. I have to return to the States for work this May. My flight is on the 4th, my extension ends on the 5th. Up until this last extension, I was able to go in a month ahead and get the extension in two weeks. The last time I had to wait four weeks. There is where I have a problem, getting the extension before my flight. I thought I had read on here that you can go in as much as six weeks before the end of the extension. If this is correct, I don't have a problem. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

6 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Yes

You mention your office only one month early can apply.

Pity as some offices 45 days.

You could ask your imm office to do it early given that you can show flight ticket out.

I would go to immigration office for chat. They may have creative solution..

Don't think agent can do much.

Fall back position would be to start over with new non O when you return. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You mention your office only one month early can apply.

Pity as some offices 45 days.

You could ask your imm office to do it early given that you can show flight ticket out.

I would go to immigration office for chat. They may have creative solution..

Don't think agent can do much.

Fall back position would be to start over with new non O when you return. 

Maybe my office is 45 days. It was just that for the last 12 years I always went in 4 weeks before. 45 days is about 6 weeks, Thanks for that info--- I will ask at the office.

1 minute ago, bunnydrops said:

Maybe my office is 45 days. It was just that for the last 12 years I always went in 4 weeks before. 45 days is about 6 weeks, Thanks for that info--- I will ask at the office.

The big boys Bangkok, CM and few others are 45.

Pretty sure Jomtien is 30 which surprises me.

If you state your office someone will inform you..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bunnydrops said:

Korat

Almost certainly 30 days. 

Talk to your immigration office.

I'm not familiar with Korat immigration. 

How long are you away for.

Just prior to exit you could obtain 60 day extension to visit wife.

Buy reentry permit to protect that permit.

Only useful if your trip to USA is less that 60 days. 

I am going through the 90 day non O visa extension then converting to a 1 year retirement extension having lost my previous one due to not being here to renew. When he gave me the 90 day non O the IO at my Immigration office (Korat) told me I could renew 45 days before which confused me since I have seen 30 days many times on this forum.

I called in today to double check and spoke with one of the IO "assistants" who confirmed that it is possible to renew (at this office) 45 days before.

I don't know if that has anything to do with a previous 10 years history of work permits and retirement extensions giving a bit more flexibility.

1 minute ago, Negita43 said:

I am going through the 90 day non O visa extension then converting to a 1 year retirement extension having lost my previous one due to not being here to renew. When he gave me the 90 day non O the IO at my Immigration office (Korat) told me I could renew 45 days before which confused me since I have seen 30 days many times on this forum.

I called in today to double check and spoke with one of the IO "assistants" who confirmed that it is possible to renew (at this office) 45 days before.

I don't know if that has anything to do with a previous 10 years history of work permits and retirement extensions giving a bit more flexibility.

Things are looking up????

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Almost certainly 30 days. 

Talk to your immigration office.

I'm not familiar with Korat immigration. 

How long are you away for.

Just prior to exit you could obtain 60 day extension to visit wife.

Buy reentry permit to protect that permit.

Only useful if your trip to USA is less that 60 days. 

I will be away for 5 months. I thought about the 60 day. My last resort would be to change my ticket. As suggested I will contact Immigration. Thanks for your help.

• Like 1