Can 90day be done in different province

Hello to the forum, I'm new.

My main address is in Bangkok, but I went for holiday in Rayong when I realised that my 90-day was overdue.  A friend suggested I do this in Rayong Immigration department, and they did for me no problem, although I give my address in Bangkok.

But another person says this is not correct, that if my main address is Bangkok, I should not do 90-day outside the city? Can someone advise me which one is right and if I may have problems with a 90-day next time?

Normally you cannot do a 90 day report other that at the office where you live.

The report can be done after doing a TM30 report to a different office to change your address so you can do the report.

You may have problems doing your report in Bangkok and they may want a TM30 report done before doing it.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the fast reply.

I had a TM.30 in Rayong from the hotel, but I write my Bangkok address in the form, because I only stay in the hotel a few days. They accept this - maybe not correct?

I have previous TM.30 from before the trip at apartment in Bangkok, must I get it updated?

Edited by Eleftheros

Regarding the TM30, Immigration would like foreigners to report their every inter-provincial movement. If foreigners wish to do that, fine. But I wonder how many really report to Immigration when they cross the invisible border to another province. Extremely few, I think, for obvious reasons. 

15 minutes ago, renaissanc said:

Regarding the TM30, Immigration would like foreigners to report their every inter-provincial movement. If foreigners wish to do that, fine. But I wonder how many really report to Immigration when they cross the invisible border to another province. Extremely few, I think, for obvious reasons. 

Out of date info.

Even for trips out of country, TM30 only required if your changing address or entering on new visa. 

Assuming you can report by mail, and are temporarily away from your address of record, simply put the package together, then mail it from any location in the window. Just need to find a post office.

Obviously on-line reporting is the first choice, but that can be iffy although the new web system seems a bit more dependable than the previous system(s).

3 hours ago, Grusa said:

I live in Chonburi, just did it online from Trat, no problem. Checked in to hotel with pink card, so no TMxx involved.

What exactly are you talking about.

90 report can obviously be done from anywhere if using online option.

Checking into a hotel with pink card or pp is irrelevant. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

The purpose of the 90 day report is to inform them where you stay.

So you are obviously supposed to do it in the province where you are staying, and not report some address in some other province.

Depends if your living in Thailand.

If for example your on annual extensions and have an address recorded with immigration, you would report same address regardless of where you are in Thailand. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What exactly are you talking about.

90 report can obviously be done from anywhere if using online option.

Checking into a hotel with pink card or pp is irrelevant. 

Not so irrelevant:- if you check in with passport (or driving licence, which carries your passport number) because then the hotel notifies immigration.... or should.... so now you may have a change of address on record, across a provincial border, and you are open to all the TM30,TM28 palaver.

I know that you are supposed not to have to do it if you have a "permanent" address registered. But times are hard and the sharks are circling! Best not to present them with bait.

Just because one is paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Not so irrelevant:- if you check in with passport (or driving licence, which carries your passport number) because then the hotel notifies immigration.... or should.... so now you may have a change of address on record, across a provincial border, and you are open to all the TM30,TM28 palaver

No. 

15 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Have it your way. You may be right, but I prefer to cma.

A TM30 report from a hotel no longer requires a new TM30 report at your local office. Immigration issued a regulation in June of 2020 that they are longer needed unless you change your address or enter with a new visa.

The TN28 form needed if staying in a different province  for more than 24 hours was eliminated in February of 2020.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

nothing is simple in old siam IS IT ????

Actually it is simple, the TM47 form itself clearly says "present address", not an address where you stayed last week, or where you got an extension (if at present you don't stay there)

Some people here just like to make it complicated and confuse people.

Edited by FriendlyFarang

6 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Why would there be a fine if the o/p did a successful 90 day report in Rayong as stated?

He would need to do  TM30 in Rayong and then do a TM30 when he returns to Bangkok.

Yes possible..

Sensible No. 

BTW: don't take 2 words from my post and quote. 

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He would need to do  TM30 in Rayong and then do a TM30 when he returns to Bangkok.

Yes possible..

Sensible No. 

He said holiday in rayong, so let's assume he stayed at a hotel, the hotel will do the TM30 for him.

Upon return to his previous address in Bangkok a TM30 isn't required

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FriendlyFarang said:

He said holiday in rayong, so let's assume he stayed at a hotel, the hotel will do the TM30 for him.

Upon return to his previous address in Bangkok a TM30 isn't required

Or let's assume he is on Koh Samet and needs a return ferry trip plus taxi.

The OP has his options. 

I have advised him of one. 

On 1/21/2022 at 8:22 PM, DrJack54 said:
On 1/21/2022 at 7:52 PM, Eleftheros said:

I have previous TM.30 from before the trip at apartment in Bangkok, must I get it updated?

Do nothing.

You state that your already late.

Too much mucking about with change of address (twice).

Skip it and when back in Bangkok file report in person.

Fine 2000baht.

Next time your travelling do the report via mail.

I do it from Koh Samet to CW often.

Lets try again. Why would there be a 2000THB fine?

He's done his 90 report in Rayong. Next he does a 90 day presumably in his home province of Bangkok? What could Bangkok fine him for?

46 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Lets try again. Why would there be a 2000THB fine?

He's done his 90 report in Rayong. Next he does a 90 day presumably in his home province of Bangkok? What could Bangkok fine him for?

My apologies.

Completely mis read the OP.

He actually did his TM30 in Rayong.

I read too quickly and was thinking that he was considering it.

• Thanks 1