Non-B extension. Based on work to marriage, is it possible?

Hi everyone, hoping someone can clarify this for me. I'm currently staying on a 1 year Non-b extension based on employment. My extension ends April 30th 2022. I'm getting married next week, so I was thinking about applying for an extension based on marriage next time, can I do that? I've seen other people saying I would need a letter of termination from my employer but I'm not planning to stop working. I will be using the 400k baht in the bank method. 

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend!

Edited by chikili

im sure you will get a better answer from someone knows better, but i dont think you can use your work non-b for marriage non-b. Because your visa type is for working not marriage. But also im not sure i heard that you can change or get non-o marriage in thailand without leaving. It is better your future wife contact and ask clearly to your nearest IO or her house area IO is better because you need to go to that IO for extension. 

Im sure that you can extend your non-b marriage using both work or wife. 

congrats btw and wishing you a happy married life

• Like 1

You can change the reason for your extension of stay based upon working to one based based upon marriage.

You will still need a letter from your employer to cancel your current extension so you can change to a different reason for your extension. The new extension will start from the day you apply.

Best to check with immigration to find out what they will require.

Thank you for your replies. I will try to go CW as soon as I can to find out what they'll require.

One more thing, let's say I change the extension to one based upon marriage, I will still be able to hold a work permit? 

Thanks again.

40 minutes ago, chikili said:

One more thing, let's say I change the extension to one based upon marriage, I will still be able to hold a work permit? 

You can have a work permit with a extension of stay based upon marriage. Being married to a Thai reduces the required registered capital to to 1 million baht instead of 2 million.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 1:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can have a work permit with a extension of stay based upon marriage. Being married to a Thai reduces the required registered capital to to 1 million baht instead of 2 million.

Thanks a lot for the info.