Tourist Visa extension questions

My current stay based on TV expires on 7feb2022 and I want to extend for 30 days. Last time I did an extension was about 5 years ago. Many of my questions for current situation are answered here (thank you for sharing):

Summary:

Extension is done in Chaeng Wattana. Either proof of vaccination or ATK to enter building. No proof of leaving Thailand required. Copy shop in basement. Lunch break 12-1.

My further questions:

1. It doesn't matter how long vaccination is back? I came across several places that only accept vaccination within the last 3 months, if longer ago, customer has to take an ATK.

2. Book an appointment or just walk in? I mean is it compulsory to book an appointment?

3. I assume TM7 (Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom) will be available there, only if I want to fill it out at home I should download and print myself?

4. Is health insurance for the 30 days required? When I entered Thailand, I bought health insurance for the 60 days on TV. Where would I get health insurance now that I am in Thailand? I used AXA which is only for people entering Thailand.

5. I just give my address or do they want to see a rent contract? I'm renting a room, but there is no rental duration specified on the contract (it has been running for years). Or do they want a TM30?

6. Proof of negative ATK test on day 5-7 required? I entered under the T&G on 10dec2021. Any other Covid-tests documentation required? I asked my hotel for a print out of test result when checking out, and I have the Mor Chana app, that's all I have.

1. You do not need a proof of vaccination to enter the building or for any thing else at immigration. You will just need to complete a screening form to enter.

2. Appointments are not mandatory but it will save you some time your have one.

Site here: https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=20131

3. They have blank TM7 forms at CW. Besure you have a 4 X 6 cm photo for it. You can download it from the pinned topic titled immigration templates.

4. Not needed.

5. They want a TM30 form or the receipt for one.

6. Not needed.

• Like 2

Here my experiences from trip to Government Complex yesterday 25jan2022.

MRT to Chatuchak, wait in vain for bus 52 (to Pak Kret, passes GoCo), but then spot a van number 10 (to Pak Kret, passes GoCo, destinations written only in Thai) and take it for 26 THB. Then free shuttle from main road to GoCo.

On the Covid-19 Screening Form, I ticked "In the past 14 days, Have you travelled from abroad or other provinces?" (Yes: Suphanburi, Phetchaburi) and they sent me for an ATK.

I arrived at immigration just when they were closing for lunch break 12-13. Copy passport pages and have lunch in ground level. Back at immigration 13, there is a queue of about 100 m, but moving quickly. I get TM.7* and fill it out outside (tables were moved outside) and get my queue number 13:30 with 53 people waiting in front of me. I didn't make an appointment and they didn't ask if I have an appointment. I am told to wait outside and check queue with the QR code on the ticket. When only 10 people ahead of me, I move to inside waiting area.

*And disclaimer about temporary stay and disclaimer about overstay, that means if I had printed the TM.7 in a copy shop and filled out at home, that would not have saved me time. 

At counter 16:18-25. No questions about my vaccination status or tests on arrival (day 1 and 5). No questions about my address, rent contract or PM.30. No questions about health insurance or flight out of Thailand. But officer wanted to see my e-visa. Luckily I had it with me (I took all my documentation from Test&Go, just in case). I'm told to wait for processing of my extension and my number is called again 16:44 to hand back my passport to me. There were still about 20 people sitting and two J counters open when I left.

There used to be a bus station (bus 66 and 166 from/to Victory Monument, I took them many years ago) next to Golden Place supermarket near GoCo. That area is now a huge construction site. Golden Place moved across the road, but the bus station is gone.

I was lucky to get it all done in one day! Next will be 90 day reporting and Covid extension, none of which I have done before but will read reports here to prepare.

Edited by ChristianPFC
  • Thanks 1