Jump to content

Covid extension authenticity


Recommended Posts

An Indian friend of mine came to Thailand on 15 day VOA and then used an agent to get a covid extension for 60 days.
 

For some weird reason, he is not very trusting of the agent who got this done for him. Even though he has a visa extension stamp from an immigration office, the stamp doesn't mention any thing like "covid extension" or mention any reason why this extension was provided. It only mentions the date( 60 days from his voa expiry) till which he can stay.
 

Is this normal? Anyway to verify that this is a valid extension?

Edited by theghizmo
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It is 99.9% certain that the stamp is legit. The only extensions available for someone on a VOA are Covid or medical. I would not necessarily expect a special annotation indicating the reason for the extension.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought that covid extensions have a reason mentioned in stamp!

 

this looks like just another normal everyday extension which most of us gets

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

A7355178-4F3D-4BBE-A090-95C2A69F34E7.jpeg.c201c4c50da574213f3fe75f9bb58bfc.jpeg

 

removing personal details due to obvious reasons 

I have a Covid extension and mine gave a date which was 15 days after the application and said that I had to return on that date to get the full 60 days (15 +45 days )

  My stamp also says "under consideration" , although some people get the full 60 days straight away

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have a Covid extension and mine gave a date which was 15 days after the application and said that I had to return on that date to get the full 60 days (15 +45 days )

  My stamp also says "under consideration" , although some people get the full 60 days straight away

So you need to pay the fees twice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, theghizmo said:

So you need to pay the fees twice?

No 1900baht paid on application. 

Second stamp walk in receive stamp walk out. 

Edited by DrJack54
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Thailand immigration has any IT infrastructure to maintain the visa validation and extension data Or they still use the "old school way" of relying on stamps on passport for validation.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

I wonder if Thailand immigration has any IT infrastructure to maintain the visa validation and extension data Or they still use the "old school way" of relying on stamps on passport for validation.

All the photos they take when getting extensions , suggests its all computerised . 

When I enter Thailand , all my previous entries come up on the IO screen

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, theghizmo said:

I wonder if Thailand immigration has any IT infrastructure to maintain the visa validation and extension data

Of course, they have, they have had for years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your friend should just visit the nearest Immigration Office and ask. Tell him to bring all his personal stuff with him. 

 

P.S. The cost of the Covid extension is 1900 thb. If your Indian friend paid , let's say, 500 thb to the agent - chances are pretty high his Visa is fake.

 

 

 

Edited by Sunnny
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, theghizmo said:

A7355178-4F3D-4BBE-A090-95C2A69F34E7.jpeg.c201c4c50da574213f3fe75f9bb58bfc.jpeg

 

removing personal details due to obvious reasons 

It's the same as the stamp I got, in person, today.

 

No mention of Covid anywhere.

 

But......the line ending words are set differently on mine, giving a two line warning instead of three lines in the posted image:

 

HOLDER MUST LEAVE THE KINGDOM WITHIN THE DATE

SPECIFIED HEREIN OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTED

 

 

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sunnny said:

Your friend should just visit the nearest Immigration Office and ask. Tell him to bring all his personal stuff with him. 

 

P.S. The cost of the Covid extension is 1900 thb. If your Indian friend paid , let's say, 500 thb to the agent - chances are pretty high his Visa is fake.

 

 

 

He paid way more than that to the agent! More than THB 10K for their service  😂

Edited by theghizmo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...