Travel to EU - Portugal in February

Jen65

I am a UK Citizen residing in Thailand and want to travel to Portugal in February but the entry requirements for Portugal currently state :

Entry Restrictions

Travellers who have been fully vaccinated and can provide a certificate connected to the EU Digital COVID Certificate gateway are exempt from entry restrictions.

Entry is suspended for all foreign nationals from outside the EU and Schengen except those holding a long-term residence permit of an EEA member state, immediate family members of EU or EEA nationals, diplomats and those travelling for study, family reunions, health or humanitarian reasons

Entry is permitted from Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Kuwait, New Zealand, Peru, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, UK, the United States, Uruguay, Hong Kong and Macau if the traveller is a permanent resident or citizen of those countries

Flights to and from South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia and Zimbabwe have been suspended

Does anyone know if a vaccination certificate issued here in Thailand can be connected to the EU Digital Covid Certificate gateway .    Last year the EU said it was updating this gateway to accommodate other countries so am wondering if Thailand is now accepted and / or can be connected to that gateway ??? 

To get your TH vaccinations recognized in EU's checker you have to apparently acquire the respective 'passport' via the MorChana app, the resulting QRcode should then work in their DCC checker ...

More about that here:

Edited by jollyhangmon
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

To get your TH vaccinations recognized in EU's checker you have to apparently acquire the respective 'passport' via the MorChana app, the resulting QRcode should then work in their DCC checker ...

I think you mean the Mor Phrom app, not Mor Chana?  The International Vac Certificate QR code obtained in Mor Phrom will not be read by European checkers.  However, it contains a link to your records on the MoPH website which should be enough for airlines.  It won't get you into restaurants etc where they use an app to verify status.

• Like 1

Moldova no longer requires fully vaccinated travelers to present a pre-travel test. People can now travel to Moldova without having to self-isolate if they have one of the following: a vaccination certificate showing they are fully vaccinated, a PCR test within 72 hours before departure, an antigen test within 48 hours before departure, a COVID-19 antibodies certificate (valid for 90 days), or a medical certificate attesting they had COVID-19 in the previous 6 months.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, treetops said:

I think you mean the Mor Phrom app, not Mor Chana?  The International Vac Certificate QR code obtained in Mor Phrom will not be read by European checkers.  However, it contains a link to your records on the MoPH website which should be enough for airlines.  It won't get you into restaurants etc where they use an app to verify status.

... darn, yes you're right of course, my bad, mixed 'em up ... same-same to me TBH and I'm not using either.

But I remembered the linked article ^ and I believe several people got a working QRcode for the (or a ?) EU checker as well, have a look there ...

https://aseannow.com/topic/1247414-expats-vaccinated-in-thailand-can-apply-for-free-e-vaccine-passport-until-march-31/ )

Personally I was told by my foreign affairs ministry (Austria) that my TH vacc certificate gets me back in there without quarantine the way it is designed - it contains proper personal info which apparently isn't the case for everybody, passport #, English language as well, working QRcode to official TH website, again bilingual ... etc. - see pics in the mentioned thread linked above for whom it may concern ...

Edited by jollyhangmon

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Moldova no longer requires fully vaccinated travelers to present a pre-travel test. People can now travel to Moldova without having to self-isolate if they have one of the following: a vaccination certificate showing they are fully vaccinated, a PCR test within 72 hours before departure, an antigen test within 48 hours before departure, a COVID-19 antibodies certificate (valid for 90 days), or a medical certificate attesting they had COVID-19 in the previous 6 months.

thank you but I am travelling to Portugal , not Moldova and individual EU countries have different rules .   Even so I have found that from January 2022 , the EU accepts proof of vaccination on the Mor Prom App.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info .    I have found that from January 2022 the EU accepts fully vaccinated travellers from Thailand provided they can show same on the Mor Prom App .       This topic may therefore be closed .

Europe accepts fully vaxed from thailand prior to 1.11 test&go. Belgium, austria and switzerland were the first. With full eu integration on 20.11.

nobody wants to see thai yellow book. It doesnt have qr code and no picture, but its high quality and difficult to forge (unlike thai vax certificates, which can be jusr photocopied). Might come handy as a back up, if somebody questions certificate or mor phrom crashes, losing your data

9 hours ago, internationalism said:

Europe accepts fully vaxed from thailand prior to 1.11 test&go. Belgium, austria and switzerland were the first. With full eu integration on 20.11.

nobody wants to see thai yellow book. It doesnt have qr code and no picture, but its high quality and difficult to forge (unlike thai vax certificates, which can be jusr photocopied). Might come handy as a back up, if somebody questions certificate or mor phrom crashes, losing your data

I will do a print out - do a web capture or something else as a back-up

• Like 1

My camera with a suction cup drops off if exposed to strong sunlight on windscreen and I thought it was damaged the first time but luckily it was OK . Anyway to avoid any damage to camera or car I attached a small piece of line to the mirror bracket to catch it and stop it getting damaged .  I try to park where windscreen shaded and use sunshade on the windscreen.   

11 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

My camera with a suction cup drops off if exposed to strong sunlight on windscreen and I thought it was damaged the first time but luckily it was OK . Anyway to avoid any damage to camera or car I attached a small piece of line to the mirror bracket to catch it and stop it getting damaged .  I try to park where windscreen shaded and use sunshade on the windscreen.   

... dropped this one in the wrong thread mate ...?

On 1/28/2022 at 9:03 AM, Jen65 said:

wrong post - ignore / delete