Expats vaccinated in Thailand can apply for free e-vaccine passport until March 31

webfact

59 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... don't get it, just another gimmick or what's the point of that one exactly?

I mean you're getting your printed cert after the 2nd jabbin' plus an updated one after your 3rd and the QR code on them leads to your online cert ... all bilingual, looks fine for me.

No app needed at all btw.

You are in a lucky situation, so indeed the e-Cert seems redundant. However others have been dealt different cards. For example, my name is spelled in Thai script only and it makes reference to my Pink Card not passport. My wife has yet another variation. The e-Cert was handed to me in printed form when I went to update my Yellow booklet, I keep a scan in the phone and it will turn out to quite useful on my next trip to Europe.

So in the end I have MorProm, the Yellow booket, the e-Cert, each with pros and cons, ... whatever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

this one, for thais and foreigners vaccinated in thailand.

Slightly off topic, but related also, can anyone tell me if the Thai vaccination passport which can be obtained from the hospital, can include vaccinations undertaken in a different country (i.e. UK) when the necessary paperwork/info is produced??

A friend is trying to do this, but as yet has had no luck – – any suggestions please?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

To register, users need to submit a 13 digit identification number. For Thai nationals, this is the number listed on their national ID card.

Or any Farang with a Pink I.D. Card...............................:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711

11 minutes ago, JoePai said:

But only pick up passport in Bangkok ?

Yellow book? This can be ordered from within the app, arrange 50 baht transfer, then they mail it to you.

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

but as yet has had no luck

Haven't seen reports of success of wedging an off-shore vaccine into the thai systems.

But if it was good enough to enter as vaccinated then maybe push a bot more of the DDC/MoPH?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Agreed, in part.

I think the point of the digital evaccine (really just a qr code which creates a URL to the official MoPH website) is that it is EU compliant. So you could show this QR code at places (restos, bars, museums. etc.) and get scanned in.

That's what we've been told anyway.

Correct, it's about being accepted overseas. I tried mine with an European web site (I think it was Irish) that could recognize the Thai QRcode and confirming it's valid.

Edit: This is the website: https://app.digitalcovidcertchecker.gov.ie/

Edited by kotsak
  • Like 2

I was told that in Pattaya you have to go to an office by the fish market in Naklua and apply for the vaccine passport. Then after each vaccine shot you have to return to the office to get the passport manually updated. Is it really worth the effort?

1 hour ago, jollyhangmon said:

I mean you're getting your printed cert after the 2nd jabbin' plus an updated one after your 3rd and the QR code on them leads to your online cert ... all bilingual, looks fine for me.

1988275351_VACCCERTIFICATEper14JAN223shotsEDITED.thumb.jpg.3f11ba66d079f86cc0673a937bfdb573.jpg

1866421413_onlinevacccertEDITED.thumb.jpg.fa3e3b097cd81d5027eb2c1931b25102.jpg

That's the certificate not the passport p/haps?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I was told that in Pattaya you have to go to an office by the fish market in Naklua and apply for the vaccine passport. Then after each vaccine shot you have to return to the office to get the passport manually updated. Is it really worth the effort?

Yep that's what I've done ... no big deal really

2 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

1988275351_VACCCERTIFICATEper14JAN223shotsEDITED.thumb.jpg.3f11ba66d079f86cc0673a937bfdb573.jpg

Wow, you only need Moderna for the full set!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

To register, users need to submit a 13 digit identification number. For Thai nationals, this is the number listed on their national ID card.

I have the e-vaccine cerificate now after having 2X Astra vaccines in 2021

If I have a booster in February will this be automatically updated or do I re-apply?

What is this all about, I have had the International Certificate since Sept 2021 - NO BS yellow vax book or pink ID card!!! Just had my 3rd Pfizer which is also documented in MOPH.

Oh, as typical of Thai app engineering they have my nationality as Thai (55555), page down and the rest of the "User Info" was correct eg. Passport etc. It was free back then where those applying for the yellow vax book were paying 50 Baht????

Thai Int Cert Page #1.jpg

Edited by bdenner
Clarity

Amazingly, nowhere on the Intervac International Certificate does it have the word 'Thailand." There must be some immigration officers overseas who would not be able to guess the country correctly by looking at the script. (Cambodia, Laos? confusion.) Seems to be a huge omission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I have the e-vaccine cerificate now after having 2X Astra vaccines in 2021

If I have a booster in February will this be automatically updated or do I re-apply?

When I had the booster in Pattaya last Monday they simply added the details by hand on the original certificate from Phyathai2 in Bangkok where I got the first two AZ jabs (there was an empty row underneath the first two). It was updated in Mor Prom a few hours later.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

You need the official "Yellow Book" for International travel.  Thats 50 baht and takes a week.

I think the app is approved for travel to the EU only.

Might be good to have in case you may need it for future travel. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

This is not what the article is talking about.  They are describing the international certificate. 

IMG_20220120_155338.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

You need the official "Yellow Book" for International travel.  Thats 50 baht and takes a week.

I think the app is approved for travel to the EU only.

Might be good to have in case you may need it for future travel. 

I used this certificate in Brazil. 

IMG_20220120_155338.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guderian said:

Nope. I did everything off Mor Prom. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You are in a lucky situation, so indeed the e-Cert seems redundant. However others have been dealt different cards. For example, my name is spelled in Thai script only and it makes reference to my Pink Card not passport. My wife has yet another variation. The e-Cert was handed to me in printed form when I went to update my Yellow booklet, I keep a scan in the phone and it will turn out to quite useful on my next trip to Europe.

So in the end I have MorProm, the Yellow booket, the e-Cert, each with pros and cons, ... whatever.

This is the certificate for international travel. 

IMG_20220120_155338.jpg

... thanks for clarification folks, wasn't aware of this additional 'layer' and wouldn't have identified a necessity for it - looking at the certificate, the way it's designed - either.

I did know about the yellow vacc book just never had any need for it personally, while travelling I mean, but yes in that light it makes sense.

Third country involvement like in the Brazil example ^ certainly puts more importance on this stuff as one could even get their entry denied if things went tits up while going back to your passport country worst case scenario would just present you with home quarantine, at least where I hail from ...

Out of interest I forwarded my printed cert to a MFA bloke I know (not camoflaged swearing here, I mean 'Ministry of Foreign Affairs', in this case the Austrian one so YMMV) asking if that would keep me outta further trouble on (or rather after) entry and he says yes, most likely as clearly read- and understandable, he'll find out.

Apparently they have to fall back on these national systems/records pretty frequently anyway when info seems not to get patched through properly producing a red NOT VALID on the passport-thingy with the respective travellers insisting on everything being legit & above-board ... and that's when some useful English on these forms and websites comes in handy, apparently not always the case and differs by country ...